Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futura's rebuild

Hi guys,

I hope some of the wheels rebuild guru's will stumble upon this thread and help me with some advices

I have a typical 18x8J, ET35, 5x112 OZ Futura that I want to rebuild with larger lips and barrels. Currently, the lips measure 1.5'', barrels 6'' and faces 0.5''.
    Plan is to rebuild them with 6.75'' barrels and 2.75'' lips. That should get me to 10J if I'm not mistaking (6.75+2.75+0.5) . Question is what will the offset be?

Also, one thing that confused me is the fact that although on them it's written 18x8J, when I measure them like in the picture below they were only 7.5J. They have never been split by the time I got them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Good afternoon,

If they are 35mm and you add 1.25 width to the outer that will drop it by 32mm but you are widening the inner by .75 that would increase by 19mm. So it would be 35-32+19 = et22.

As for the measurement and stamping, is the face sandwich mounted right now? I could see a 8" wide wheel with sandwich being 8" bead to bead, but if it was reverse/front mounted that would decrease it to 7.5" wide.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

Indeed, they are sandwish mount - lip, center, inner.

What if I rebuild them using 6.75 inners and 2.25 lips. Will the ET remain 35 considering I add 0.75 on each side (inner and outer)? That should get me to a 9.5J wheel.

Last edited by daniel_lucian; 03-22-2015, 02:05 AM.

Comment

What color is the sealant? OZ uses a nice thin black bead of silicon to seal there wheels. Looks almost like a black rubber band.

Comment

Working...
        X