Tumbling Wheel Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tumbling Wheel Bolts

Does anyone use a tumbler to refinish wheel bolts? I am using corn cob media and haven't had too much luck, just wanted to see what everyone is using.

Thanks

bump I'm curious as well

Check out my m20 turbo'd 2002 build thread

Comment

I do not use a tumbler to refinish , but to clean. Corn cobb works ok.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

I have heard ground walnut shell pet bedding that you can get at the pet store works great.
        [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
        Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
          I do not use a tumbler to refinish , but to clean. Corn cobb works ok.
          I have used corn cobb on some style 5 bolts and one set of bolts came out great and the next set didnt come out great. I just tried some rs bolts in the corn cobb media and didnt do much cleaning at all.

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
          I have heard ground walnut shell pet bedding that you can get at the pet store works great.
          Yea, i heard that walnut shell works pretty well, guess i will have to try some out.

Comment

How long do you leave them in?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Copied from a post I made last year about my mini tumbler using corn cob media.

Tumbler report....OZ bolts, perfect.....BBS bolts, just ok.

I'm not sure if it was the fact that the OZ bolts are a smoother chrome finish(as opposed to the BBS being a slight textured finish), or maybe they weren't so dirty, but they came up as good as new. The BBS ones, not so much, although they'll only require a very minor polish to bring them up to new.

In the photo I have an "as was" bolt, one that has soaked in vinegar for 24 hours and one that was tumbled for 45 mins. The only thing you need to do is a quick couple of twists with a microfibre cloth to get any dust from the media off the head.

Comment

I've used a tumbler with walnut shells before and it worked pretty well.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

I have new bolts for $1 each or $1.25 each with a nut nut as well. Chromed steel 10.9 hardness and made in Europe M7x31mm.
                  Chris Lane - fifteen52 - Join us on Facebook
                  chris@fifteen52.com 813.505.7910 - direct : 213.373.1552
                  RML | 52 Wheels | KW | ST | B&G | Newing-Alpil | C2 | Air-Lift

Comment

Working...
                  X