Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel help...

[IMG][/IMG]

I am wanting to do some kinda of 80s Corvette wheel (Saw blades or something pretty solid like them) or just some wide steelies. trying to find something either 16x8 or 16x9

Problem is i cant find anything in a 5x110 lug pattern that is not just a generic offset. Any tips on where i should be looking?

europe?
    since 5x110 is an opel and alfa pcd also
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

USA.
      Look at Solstice wheels maybe?
      Other than that, there are not many offerings in 5x110.
      You could run 5x108 with PCD variation nuts or buy a set of wheels you really want and spend $200-250 on getting the bolt pattern altered.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
        USA.
        Look at Solstice wheels maybe?
        Other than that, there are not many offerings in 5x110.
        You could run 5x108 with PCD variation nuts or buy a set of wheels you really want and spend $200-250 on getting the bolt pattern altered.
        I will look in to the variation nuts. I can't find anyone who will chance lug patterns around here you know of anyone? I looked at the solstice wheels bit there offset won't work for me (the issue with everything that I can find) ... re drilled wheels would be the best option for me just have to find a place going to keep looking just thought I would ask incase someone knew where I could go.

Comment

i know you want 16's but with something like those you could at least rebuild
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Before you order, look on CL/forums/etc. The price in the link(1 wheel) is 80%-120% of what a used set of saladshooters costs(depending on condition).
            Also, where are you located?

Comment

5x112 should work too, if the offsets and hub bore add up.

Comment

Before you order, look on CL/forums/etc. The price in the link(1 wheel) is 80%-120% of what a used set of saladshooters costs(depending on condition).
                Also, where are you located?
                I am in denton

Here are the wheel specs
                16"x8.5" 32mm (6.0" backspacing)

paying 100 for all 4 they are getting re coated so condition is not a concern and they are straight.

Any of yall good with fitment and that could give me some pointers? wondering how this will work if i just run 1' spacers (with the right lug pattern) just wondering where i start with measuring to figure this out. Don't mind rolling fenders ect. but if i can avoid spending 400 to get them re drilled i wouldn't mind. I found a place that does it for 100 a wheel in carolton.

I am going to be going as low as possible after i get the wheels (Will be stretching the tires) And want it as tight as possible.

Comment

I recommend getting your suspension dialed in before you start measuring for fitment, otherwise you're stuck doing a bunch of trig to figure out how the wheel will sit after you've lowered the vehicle.

Get it down where you want it, and then start measuring against your stock wheels. From there, you can come up with width and offset for your new wheels that will give the fitment you want.

Comment

Okay, I was figuring I could work with how it sits around the wheel guess I had it backwords.

Comment

$400 is ridiculous for redrill/new seats.

Prices start at $60 per wheel.

Comment

The suspension does what the suspension does. In the front, you can make some adjustments with camber plates, but in the rear, you're stuck with that god-awful beam axle, and there's not much you can do with that. You may be able to have shims manufactured for the rear to get a bit of camber in the rear if you require it, but that solution typically can't produce more than a couple degrees.

Comment

$400 is ridiculous for redrill/new seats.

Prices start at $60 per wheel.
                          Will check them out.

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                          The suspension does what the suspension does. In the front, you can make some adjustments with camber plates, but in the rear, you're stuck with that god-awful beam axle, and there's not much you can do with that. You may be able to have shims manufactured for the rear to get a bit of camber in the rear if you require it, but that solution typically can't produce more than a couple degrees.
                          I have a few ideas for the rear beam. going to pull it apart at some point and see how everything mounts. Want to try to change the spindle mounting to get the camber I want... don't really have any builds to use for reference though so learning as I go. I'm doing all the fab work hopi g to keep this a low budget build with the car I am only at 500 atm.

Comment

Working...
                          X