Calling all wheel whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all wheel whores

I am in need of your assistance. Currently on my car I have 18x9 bbs lm reps, which I love the look of, but I really love a meaty fitment. I also plan on having a wide body kit made for my car in the near future, so an aggressive setup will be needed. I really love taking my car down some twisties while still looking good. soon I will be getting 215 35 18's (which will cause me to lay frame) but I worry that my car will turn into all-show-no-go. 215 40 17's are meh, I had them on the car and ***** it. I think a 225 45 16 would look awesome on a 9" wide wheel with an extremely low offset. I love that look that all the 80s/90s racecars had. Little wheels, meaty tires with letters and big dishes. I've been looking around and it seems that most gold mesh wheels with a big dish (that's all imperative) are either 15" or 4 lug, and I can't run anything smaller that a 16" (due to brakes) and I'm 5x114.3. Obviously building a set of RS's with a low offset would be just fine, but I'd love to get my hands on an actual set of old, vintage racing wheels. What brands should I be looking for? Where should I look? Thanks guys! Some examples of what I currently have and what I'm aiming for:

- #lolsvx
    - Instagram: @brothadavid

- 1992 pearl white Subaru SVX
    - First bagged SVX in the world
    - Aftermarket transmission cooler
    - Red/black checkered flannel headliner
    - Custom made subwoofer box in spare tire
    - (Modified to fit) 05-07 STi Airlift performance struts
    - 18x9 JNC 005 wheels with 225/40/18's
    - Nardi woodgrain gara type 3 steering wheel
    - Train horn

It sounds like you want some old school SSR's

Look up: SSR Reverse Mesh ; SSR ex c mesh. Off the top of my head I could see you being into those. The ex c's are one of my favorite wheels ever.
    Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

To give you a better idea what you're looking at:

The TRA Kyoto FD in that picture is still running a mild stretch, front 17x9,5J with 225/40 and rear 17x10.5J with 245/40 from what I remember.

I've purchased my 2 RS sets off japanese yahoo auctions, you might be able to find some other things there too with the 5x114 pcd.

Comment

I think some turbo style race wheels would fit the look of the car. Other than that, probably some BBS motorsport wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey G View Post
          It sounds like you want some old school SSR's

Look up: SSR Reverse Mesh ; SSR ex c mesh. Off the top of my head I could see you being into those. The ex c's are one of my favorite wheels ever.
          YES I love those. Are those 2 piece or 3 piece wheels? Seems like a lot of sets online are staggered.

- #lolsvx
          - Instagram: @brothadavid

- 1992 pearl white Subaru SVX
          - First bagged SVX in the world
          - Aftermarket transmission cooler
          - Red/black checkered flannel headliner
          - Custom made subwoofer box in spare tire
          - (Modified to fit) 05-07 STi Airlift performance struts
          - 18x9 JNC 005 wheels with 225/40/18's
          - Nardi woodgrain gara type 3 steering wheel
          - Train horn

Comment