Measuring for spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring for spacers

So, is there a way to get measurement by a certain calculation ie. current aftermarket wheel offset and width of wheel compared to factory width and offset or is it just as simple as taking a straight edge along the fender and measuring the distance between the wheel and the fender?

Im lower than stock now but Im going lower, should I wait to see how much more camber comes into play from going lower and get the spacer then?

A measurement from your wheel, to the fender.
    A fender roller, to roll your fenders.
    The size of your wheel.
    The offset of your wheel.

And know what size of the new wheels are gonna be.

Then play with this.
    Click
    Last edited by Zic; 04-03-2010, 01:28 PM.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Lets say.

There is 4cm, to your wheel to be flush with the fender.
      And the current size of your wheels are 6x15'' et 40. with some 185/55-15 tires.
      And you wanna run some 8.5x17'' But you don't know what offset or tire to go with.

First off, you put all the info in the link that i posted.
      A mild stretch on a 8.5 would be 205/40 or 215/40 depending on the brand of tire.

Then you just put in a random offset, on the new setup. and look at what poke says there.
      With this one, the old poke says "36.2mm" But you wanted the new wheel to sit 40mm more out.
      So the new poke would ideally be 76.2mm.

I played around a little, and found an offset of 32mm, would be where we wanted it to be in this case.

Hope you understand.

*Copy'ed this from my reply to another member.
      About, yes camber plays a role. I don't know how much, but i think for each -1degree of camber you will need 1.5mm more to be flush, DO NOT TRUST this, since i'm not 100% sure.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Ok, I got the fenders cut and rolled already.

Now, I also have a set of wheels that Im going to be using for a while yet till I save more money for a new set.

They are mild, 19x8.5" +38et. 235/35's

My stock config is, 17x7.5 +60et.

Im not worried about tires yet till I pull my wheels out more and see if stretching is even needed with what I have now.

I used calcs before but in this case I have the new set of wheels and they are on the car. I just need a spacer and need to know what size to get so I dont end up with to much or not enough. Or wait and find a wheel with a lower offset but Im saving for some serious sh*t so thats gunna be a while.

Now, I assume at this point to find out what size spacer I need to run flash all I have to do is like you and I previously mentioned.

Run a straight edge along the fender to the ground and take a yard stick from the rim of the wheel to the straight edge to figure out what thickness spacer I need. Right?

Now, from what I gather in the red print if I dont wanna mess up my calculations ( since it says its not a definite ) I should just wait til I slam it to get spacers?

Thanks!

I was hoping there was a equation for using my stock config with my new one to find out how many more mm's I need to pull it all the way but but Im not sure if thats possible since not all fenders sit the same. A car with a +60 offset may have more fender flarage than mine so I assume that would be void.
        Last edited by Lux; 04-03-2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I would def slam it first, then measure for spacers.

I'm 100% of the ET question. Just not sure about the camber, and how much more mm you need pr degree.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

I always found it easiest to get the suspension set up the way you want, mount up your new wheels (not wheel and tire), put a jack under the control arm to lift the wheel to ride height, measure... BAM! fail proof.

Comment

Working...
            X