Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing front mount faces with tires mounted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing front mount faces with tires mounted?

Hey guys,

I have a quick questions about disassembling my CCW classic 5's. I already searched but my situation is a little different. I have only finished polishing 1 lip with the hardware and tires on. If i wanted to touch up the faces though, would it be possible to deflate the tire, undo the bolts and just pull the face out? I get that with sandwich mount faces this would difficult/impossible but since my faces are front mount would it work? at least in theory.

TLDR: can I unbolt my front mount faces with tires still on but deflated?

thanks in advance,
    -Adrian
    '82 Volvo 242 build
    '73 Datsun 240z build

yes, make sure that when doing so, pull the entire valve inner out to get all of the air pressure out. and with that said, when you do remove the face, put 8 bolts back in and tighten the lip and barrel just to ensure that the seal doesn't break from the pressure of the tire.

this is even moreso in the case of a stretched tire. 4 bolts in opposite sides should be sufficient, but 8 to be safe
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Working...
    X