Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tires for 18x8.5 & 18x9.5

Hi guys,

im a noob in the stance game right now but I just received my first set of VSXX and I'm wondering what size tires I should get, and please recommend a brand of tires i should get as well. I am looking for a noticeable amount of stretch but no too crazy. I'm lowered 1 1/2 inch and my fenders are rolled. Btw if it helps, i drive a 01 Is300..

I am open to any advice! Thanks guys!

For 9.5: 235/35 and 225/40 are a mild stretch | 225/35 and 215/40 are a solid stretch.

For 8.5: 215/35 and 205/40 are a mild stretch | 205/35 are a solid stretch. 195/40 don't exist, and even if they existed I wouldn't go there.

If you want uniform sidewalls, you have 3 choices:

1. 235/35 rear and 215/35 fronts

2. 225/40 rear and 205/40 front

3. 225/35 rear and 205/35 front

All of these combinations have one issue in common. One of the sizes may be rare at times which might make matching front and rear tires hard. Option 3 would drop out for you anyway if you wouldn't want too tough stretches.

If you don't mind different sidewalls you have 2 more options:

4. 235/35r + 205/40f

5. 225/40r + 215/35f

Option 4 would work well because of nearly identical circumference, but is sadly a combination of rather rare sizes, both front and rear.
    Option 5 I know for a fact would have at least matching T1Rs front and rear unlike any of the other options - unfortunately the circumference difference would be more noticeable than in any of the other options.

I wouldn't be able to decide which option to go for on the spot without more research into tire availability sadly. All I know is that Falken 912's would probably be available in all of these sizes.

The all-time favourites in tire stretching are probably the Falken 452 and Toyo T1R. That being said there are many other tires well known for stretching and almost every well known manufacturer has at least one. Federal has the 595ss, Dunlop Direzzas, Kumho KU31s, Hankook V12s and many more including Contis, Bridgestones and Yokohamas.

Even some more track-oriented/stickier tires have been known for stretching. Such as Falken RT615, Toyo R1R or the almighty Advan AD08. They all look wicked awesome.

8.5 + 9.5 are a really fucking hard combo to match unlike 9.5 + 10.5 for example.
    Last edited by h3llk1t3; 01-04-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

im sorry but if youre lowered an inch and a half wouldn't your setup look goofy? the overall diameter of your stretched tire will be smaller than your stock tires. i have 18x9 and 18x8 with 215 35 and it sit lower than the stock rims which is 215 45 17 (im not sure if that the right tire size or not) you will be lower with a stretched tire but that would leave you with more wheel gap then before.... do you see what im trying to say? im not sure if i said it clearly lol

instagram: @keenanhaye

Comment

this is what im saying. basically for you to pull off any form of stretch you might want to consider lowering your car some more or not stretching your tires

also i would recommend nankangs because they are cheap and they offer a decent stretch.
        Last edited by keenan; 01-10-2014, 12:56 AM.

instagram: @keenanhaye

Comment

Working...
        X