E36 brake clearnace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 brake clearnace

I just bought a set of 16x7.5 Oz Racing Vegas for my E36. Currently I have 18x8.5 ACS wheels. According to my measurements the Vegas should have fit perfectly on all four corners. The wheels seemed to go on perfectly. Enough clearance on the struts and the fenders(just enough) for no rubbing. When I went to move the car though the front wheels wouldn't turn. Turns out that the M3 brakes are just a smidge bigger than expected. The wheels torqued down fine and seemed to fit but there was just enough caliper interference to cause a problem. Now my thoughts on the matter, would it be a bad idea to "lightly" shave my calipers? I've never done any work in this area and don't want to eff anything up too badly.

Spacers...

Comment

I didn't realize where the clearance issue was. I thought my brakes were bigger in diameter than 16". Turns out that there is a little bump on my calipers interfering with the bolts on the wheels. Duh. Spacers solve all problems.

Comment

Hope you enjoy the wheels man! Post some pics when you get them mounted, would like to see them once more!
        604Wheels
        BMW E36 M3 4Door 5Speed
        Instagram: Tommy604604

Comment

Turns out that there is a little bump on my calipers interfering with the bolts on the wheels. Duh. Spacers solve all problems.

Comment

Working...
          X