Is this repairable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this repairable?

Previous owner said they balanced okay with this bend but I don't know, I'm skeptical.

Is it even worth repairing or possible? I found a replacement online for 99$ + shipping.

Everything is repairable, it just depends how much you want to spend and how good the local shops are. The replacement sounds like a much better option even with the price difference.

Possible future headaches a'int worth the 50 dollar difference IMHO.

Comment

my wheel repair shop will say they can fix the bend when the wheels is fully built with the bolts torqued to spec. then they can mount it on their machine and fix the bend. it'll be $75 to fix the bend..
      if it were me I'd go for that process. but see if in your area there is a wheel repair shop and what they have to say first.

Comment

Yep. Looks like about a $75 repair for most places. The wheel needs to be fully assembled though. At $99, I would just buy the replacement part.
        Last edited by KyleAnderson; 10-26-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Just replace it. I've seen a lot of bent wheels fixed really well but aluminum really hates being stretched and bent which makes it a lot more brittle so you usually end up having a crack later on down the road. I'd rather spend a little extra and know it's fixed then assemble it have it fixed have issues and end up having to split it and replace it anyway.

Comment

Yeah I ordered the barrel last night. Not even going to mess with it.

Comment

Multi piece wheels must be nice.

Comment

Working...
              X