Style 5 Lips/Barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style 5 Lips/Barrels

Where are people finding moderately priced Style 5 lips and barrels now? I'm having some faces machined and haven't found any decent prices yet. Any comments would be appreciated.

I thought style 5's are 2 piece? That being said I know there are wider German Style 5's. Also I wonder if you could use other BBS lips or barrels.

Comment

Best custom lip price I found so far is wheelflip around 180each i didn't ask for the barrels.
      IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        I thought style 5's are 2 piece? That being said I know there are wider German Style 5's. Also I wonder if you could use other BBS lips or barrels.
        From what info I've collected the past month, after you machine a groove on the smooth side of the face you can mount some type of custom halves. I do not think they are RS or any other bbs parts but I'm not the expert by far. If there is a style 5 pro lurking it would be good to hear them pipe up.
        Originally posted by Tino21 View Post
        Best custom lip price I found so far is wheelflip around 180each i didn't ask for the barrels.
        Thanks man. If that's a shipped price that's the best I would have gotten also. I'll check it out.

Any more comments/advice is still welcome. Thanks guys.
        Last edited by Samuel L. Jackson; 10-21-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Im not a pro, but ill be converting a set this winter so if u have any other questions let me know.
            IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Surprisingly we have been doing a lot of 3 piece Style 5 conversions lately:
              Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel L. Jackson View Post
                From what info I've collected the past month, after you machine a groove on the smooth side of the face you can mount some type of custom halves. I do not think they are RS or any other bbs parts but I'm not the expert by far. If there is a style 5 pro lurking it would be good to hear them pipe up.
                You need custom lips. Other BBS lips don't fit. Original barrels can be used as inner barrels simply just cutting them half. So you only need custom outer lips.

Pics from my project can be found from: http://pazi88.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Projekt...a/3pcs+BBS+RC/

Comment

Love that rebuilt, so well done
                  IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

I've built a few sets.

You could sandwich mount the halves in theory, but I think reverse mount is the best way.

About 2-3mm has to be machined off the face so it will pass through the lip and barrel.

Funny thing about style 5's is that you can do both stepped and reverse lips on them.

For example, you could do use stepped lips on 17" style 5's or reverse lips with a slightly bigger bolt shelf.

These sets are 17-18", so they have a slightly larger bolt shelf. I don't think you can notice it as much as some other wheels. I think it looks good.

@sd262 - instagram

Comment

That set looks really nice.
                      Why do you think reverse mounting is the best way ?
                      IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Originally posted by Tino21 View Post
                        That set looks really nice.
                        Why do you think reverse mounting is the best way ?
                        I don't think its necessarily better or worse but it is definitely cheaper to reverse mount them then to sandwich them. If you sandwich them, more machining will be needed in the front and in the rear along the register.
                        Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
                          I don't think its necessarily better or worse but it is definitely cheaper to reverse mount them then to sandwich them. If you sandwich them, more machining will be needed in the front and in the rear along the register.
                          There is same amount of machining in both cases. In sandwich case you just have to machine from the back side of the face. Not from front side.

Comment

Also when youre sandwich mounting you gain positive offset because the face is sitting on the barrel, it helps when youre reusing the original barrels because the final offset can be low with a good gain of width without going negative too fast when you reverse mount it.
                            IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Working...
                            X