5x110 to 5x112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5x110 to 5x112

I can't seem to find my answer anywhere so I am turning to my fellow stanceworks members who tend to think outside of the box. So I have a 2010 vw cc that I recently lowered. As most of you may know the bolt pattern is 5x112. My last car had a 5x110 bolt pattern so I have a set of 20x10s that I could run as temporary wheels, however all te shops I have talked to locally had no clue what wobble bolts were or where to get them. My question is I see a lot of guys using wobble bolts in order to run 5x114.3 wheels on a 5x112 bolt pattern so is it possible to run wobble bolts to fit my 5x110 wheels to my 5x112 bolt pattern on the CC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As i know wooble bolts can compensate up to 4mm.
    So your 2mm should be fine...
    You can also get adapters...

Comment

yes that will work just fine 5x110 and 5x114.3 is what they are made for

Comment

I figured it would work, but when i called Ecstuning to ask them they told me they were only meant to go from 114.3 to 112. I didn't understand why that would be the case when I am going from 110-112 since it is the Same 2 mm difference. It is just going to be seating to the outside of the bolt hole instead of the inside like it would be on the 114.3-112.

My other question was how often do u have to torque the wobble bolts down, do they back of over time or once they are torqued down they usually don't move

I also thought about the adapter route, but to my knowledge the skinniest adapter you can have made is 17mm which would push the wheels out too far, I would be pushing it as they are now
        Last edited by jboogie; 09-04-2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Anybody else have any input

Comment

Anybody else have any input on this before I order some wobble bolts and give it a shot to see if it works.

Comment

CC's need pretty high offsets to fit, make sure your wheels will fit first. They also use 14mm bolts, so you may not have room inside the bolt holes to run the wobbles unless you drill them larger.

You'll be fine going from 110 to 112 with the wobbles, and as long as you get a good set, you shouldn't need to pay any more attention to them than you would a normal set of bolts.

Comment

Thanks, I know the offset will work it is a +40 so it's a pretty high offset, I just need to check and see about the bolt holes, I'm not quite sure what size the car I had them on was. Thanks for the feedback though. It's much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                X