• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How rare are these rims?

Hi,

i recently bought a set OZ Breyton:

18x8,5 et 38
    18x10 et 32

these are the original sizes but i have never seen an 18' set before, does someone knows more about this set and what they are worth (not in this condition but fully refurbished)?

grtz

I've seen only a handful of 17s so I'd have to guess the 18s are pretty damn rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh, Word? View Post
      I've seen only a handful of 17s so I'd have to guess the 18s are pretty damn rare.
      yup, and i cant find any information on the web of a 18s set. So maybe they are 1 off?

Comment

I believe they came on or were sold for 5 series BMW. I almost bought a 18" set (a few months back from Japan) and they are pretty rare.

If you want to sell, let me know. I'd be interested either refinished or as-is.

Chris

Comment

i've got more people who are interested in buying these, send me a pm and maybe we can work something out. i wasnt my intention on selling them but i would thought that they where so special.

A little update:

I refinished the faces, still not 100% about this color. i've kept the back side of the faces original because i would not damage the inscriptions. i've also been busy with the inner barrels and finished 1 with a special coat.

Comment

Pretty rare i guess. only seen 17s and not that many.

hi

Comment

They are not that rare at all, I see them very often.

In my dreams.

Great looking set of wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
                They are not that rare at all, I see them very often.

In my dreams.

Great looking set of wheels.

hahah great!

no pictures but i have bought 160 new bolts and nuts, only need new outer lips and they are ready to be rebuild

I will update this thread when i have updates, so keep this thread in mind

Comment

What size outer rims are you looking for? I have (2) new 3.5" OZ Racing 40 bolt 18" outer rims that are clear anodized. I resized a set before I sold to make smaller. jdorociak@gmail.com Jim

Comment

I haven't seen 18's before, but I have read about them. I wonder if the faces are the same as the 17's or bigger.....the lips don't look to be upsized as such, so I'm assuming the faces are bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by jim dorociak View Post
                      What size outer rims are you looking for? I have (2) new 3.5" OZ Racing 40 bolt 18" outer rims that are clear anodized. I resized a set before I sold to make smaller. jdorociak@gmail.com Jim
                      thnx for your help, but i prefer a local buyer for lips because i would be to expensive.

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                      I haven't seen 18's before, but I have read about them. I wonder if the faces are the same as the 17's or bigger.....the lips don't look to be upsized as such, so I'm assuming the faces are bigger.
                      The faces are bigger than 17´ so its not a custom build but a original wheel. where did you read about those rims? i'm very curious for more information about those wheels.

Comment

I can't remember where I read about them previously, it was a while ago when I was searching for some 17's.

In the write up for the Z4M on the S|W blog page the owner mentions he has some 18in Breytons for it, so I wonder if they are the same specs!?!?

Comment

That are my rims, he had the intention on buying mine. But havent heard from him since.

Comment

So a little update on the Breytons, i´ve had the centers painted metal grey but i was not satisfied with the result so i decided to polish the centers and keep the vents metal grey, i finished 1 center so 3 to go:

Comment

18" Breytons are unicorn status=) I have a set of 17" and they are quite rare (even though they are popping up on e36's all over)

Stefan may have inquired about buying these from you, but this surely isn't the set that he currently has in transit
                              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

Working...
                              X