• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
    Bimmerbabe do you have the paperworks for the 17x8 type 1, got myself a set
    for real cheap a few hours ago
    Nope, sadly no paperworks, but you can get them directly from breyton.com
    Just eMail them, tell them which wheels you have and they'll send you everything they still have

They didn't officially come with any center caps, most people put their own on it (mostly the BMW logo), but you could still order caps directly from OZ and Breyton
    @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerbabe View Post
      As far as I can remember, they have been produced from 1995 to 2000, but I'm not sure with that.
      So mine are from year 1, that's pretty cool and nice to know.....also you're knowledge on wheels is pretty damn good!! Is it from years of searching around and just being a big wheel fan like a lot of us or do you work in the industry? European wheels, like OZ Breytons are almost non-existent here, so info is very limited, I think there's maybe 1 or 2 other sets other than mine.

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
      1bag35, bimmerbabe and Beware thanks alot for the help about the Breytons,

Does someone know witch centercaps they used to have.
      Bimmerbabe do you have the paperworks for the 17x8 type 1, got myself a set
      for real cheap a few hours ago
      Mine have the BMW logo and I might actually use them as I don't dislike them, which I normally would as I prefer the wheel brand in the cap. The caps pictured with the Breyton logo look odd to me as the script doesn't match with the Breyton lettering that's cast in to the wheel face itself, so it looks strange. I also don't feel OZ caps would be right either for some reason. If anything else(apart from the BMW ones) I'd go plain caps, either polished or painted to match the centre's finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
        So mine are from year 1, that's pretty cool and nice to know.....also you're knowledge on wheels is pretty damn good!! Is it from years of searching around and just being a big wheel fan like a lot of us or do you work in the industry? European wheels, like OZ Breytons are almost non-existent here, so info is very limited, I think there's maybe 1 or 2 other sets other than mine.
        Thank you!
        It's mostly interest in wheels, but I'm a girl, so please don't expect any expert information, ha
        funny thing is, I just helped 2 friends from the States getting a set of OZ Breytons, so I'm kind of super familiar with these wheels
        A friend already uses to call me "the OZ Breyton chick"
        They aren't *that* super rare here in Germany, we'd just either need to search for cheap ones, or get some with little damage and rebuild them ourselves.

Originally posted by Beware View Post
        Mine have the BMW logo and I might actually use them as I don't dislike them, which I normally would as I prefer the wheel brand in the cap. The caps pictured with the Breyton logo look odd to me as the script doesn't match with the Breyton lettering that's cast in to the wheel face itself, so it looks strange. I also don't feel OZ caps would be right either for some reason. If anything else(apart from the BMW ones) I'd go plain caps, either polished or painted to match the centre's finish.
        Same here, but I'd say run them without any caps. But that's just a personal note
        The Breyton caps might look odd, but it's just the general Company logo. All the newer wheels usually have it and I personally think, too, that it looks odd if used on older wheels. The OZ logo wouldn't really match either, coz actually the wheel has been produced by Breyton and not by OZ.
        Last edited by bimmerbabe; 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM.
        @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• I had gathered you were a girl, but that makes no difference to me, interest is interest and knowledge is knowledge, either way, you know your wheels well!

I had a bit of trouble getting mine, one German ebay seller wouldn't send the ones he had to Australia, but no one was buying them and he kept relisting them, yet he still wouldn't send them. I ended up getting a decently priced and extremely good condition original and un-split set from the UK, so I was happy with that end result. I don't mind them when they are cap-less, but I think I'll just stick with the BMW caps if I use them. I had initially bought them for an E36 M3 when I was still looking for the right car(wheels came before the car ), but I gave up looking after about 10 months, so I bought an E24 instead.....but I'm not sure the Breytons will suit it.....I just need to mock 2 up and get them on one side and see how they'll look?!?!?

Comment

• So does anybody need some OZ bolt tools to take apart their Breytons?
            Buy my 3 piece Work Carving Starks and tires

Comment

• Originally posted by Beware View Post
              ...I had a bit of trouble getting mine, one German ebay seller wouldn't send the ones he had to Australia, but no one was buying them and he kept relisting them, yet he still wouldn't send them...
              Most germans seem to have problems sending stuff overseas OR they simply don't offer international shipping, which I both can't understand.
              But that was the reason, too, why I sent 2 pairs of the Breytons to the States. One set was sent to me and I shipped it to my friend because the seller didn't ship internationally, the other set was an earlier auction that went bad (2 wheels got lost in transit and the seller was super uncooperative in getting either the money or the wheels back, plus, he didn't speak any english), so the buyer asked me for translation help which turned into a huge "find the 2 missing wheels and kick the sellers ass" - transaction It took us 7 months finding and sending them to the owner, and even one wheel was already declared as "lost in transit"...proud me

Originally posted by chrislane31 View Post
              So does anybody need some OZ bolt tools to take apart their Breytons?
              ...and these are EXTREMELY expensive, even if bought in Germany, just as a side note...
              Last edited by bimmerbabe; 03-27-2013, 06:03 PM.
              @angelicmisskitty

Comment

• I don't understand that also. If you have to pack them and ship, It doesn't matter where if it's packed. I often find some BBS parts that I could really use and people are lazy to ship them

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmerbabe View Post

...and these are EXTREMELY expensive, even if bought in Germany, just as a side note...
                  Yes $41 is cheap and I can ship to Germany

Comment

• You can get them cheaper new

Also, these are good quality and don't snap.
                    Last edited by a112; 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Those look just like mine and mine are brand new and you dont have to wait 2 week for them to arrive or hope that they arrive.

Comment

• Well, we had a few sets of more expensive ones and these are the strongest so far. They have Cr-Mo markings on them and numbers marked on them and smooth black finish. As I've read in Your thread, the ones You are selling could snap. Also they are cheaper than Yours and You don't have to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive as well. I have a link for even cheaper ones somewhere but I can't find it right now. Good luck with Your sale also!

Comment

• ^^^I bought the ones off ebay(only because chrislane31 was out at the time), they are very good quality but they are quite tight on the bolt head and nut. I suppose this is a good thing in a way, but it makes the process a bit slower as you have to fight a little with the nut to get it out of the socket each time.

Originally posted by a112 View Post
                          I don't understand that also. If you have to pack them and ship, It doesn't matter where if it's packed. I often find some BBS parts that I could really use and people are lazy to ship them
                          Agreed. I guess if they are local pick up that's fine, but whats' the difference whether you're packing them to send within your own country or internationally?

Comment

• Thank you a LOT!

Comment

• Originally posted by a112 View Post
                              Well, we had a few sets of more expensive ones and these are the strongest so far. They have Cr-Mo markings on them and numbers marked on them and smooth black finish. As I've read in Your thread, the ones You are selling could snap. Also they are cheaper than Yours and You don't have to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive as well. I have a link for even cheaper ones somewhere but I can't find it right now. Good luck with Your sale also!
                              Mine also have the CR-MO markings for the Chrome Molybdenum they are the same as the ones you posted.

Comment

• ive been on the hunt to find the make and model of these wheels since i got them from japan

all the stickers are missing, except one that is ripped in half, and it says "Inspec...."

i would assume it would say inspector or something

other than that the only are markings are the size(18x9+4, 10+9), "made in Japan", and its stamped "enkei" as well

they are a 3 piece

I know they look like imperi genesis, but they are slightly different.

The centercaps also have a unicorn head on them.

excuse the shitty photo

Comment

Working...
                                X