Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The center caps say AR so I'm guessing American Racing and someone on Honda-tech said they had +12 offset.

Edit: On these two pics ^ the rim has some clay bar on it, its not scuffed.

My build thread>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31670

Sparkin CB7

Comment

• One for the Aussies, or not, all i know about these wheels are that the were made in australia, they measure 7x14 with a 10-15et (not measuerd) and they came off a Ginetta.
      black knight an mystery wheels 033
      black knight an mystery wheels 037
      black knight an mystery wheels 035
      Any help much appreciated!
      Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
      Internet high five for you.

Comment

• Ginetta being Opel?

Im guessing maybe some sort of cheviot wheel?

Not 100% sure to be honest, During the 70-80's there were a massive amount of alloy/magnesium wheels on the marked, a lot being copies of japanese/american designs..

Thats about as usefull as I am, sorry
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• No Ginetta was a British company that made fibreglass sports cars with ford running gear, like TVR only without the insane designers... No problem man, i knew it might be a long shot. Might get 'em shot blated an powder coated. Then sell them.
          Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
          Internet high five for you.

Comment

• So...I was at the yard today and found some speedlines on an older Merc. They looked just like the one in the pic below but in rough shape. Any idea what they'd be worth cleaned up? A model name might help in my research. One is cracked through the center, but the others seem OK.

Comment

• nevermind, I just bought them

they are speedlines...9's all around but the rears have a 1" wider lip. Fronts have a wider barrel to compensate for the smaller lip. Fronts ET18, rears ET25 (weird combo). 5x114.3 and mag centers. Should be fun to bring back to their former beauty

Comment

• That is weird... so the fronts have less lip but 7mm lower offset? The pad on the reverse side of the face in the front is quite a bit thicker?
                Last edited by Guest; 01-03-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• yeah, its really strange. I'm curious to see how they'd fit. They looked fine on the Merc. they were on. I'll go measure everything.

Comment

• OK I was just guessing on the width since I thought my style 5's were 8" wide. Seems that they are more like 8.7" wide lol. Who would have thought? Anyway the speedlines are 17x10! 2.5" lips up front and 3" out back. 7.5" barrel up front and 7" barrel out back.

The front centers are 7mm thicker than the rear centers hence the ET18 vs ET25.

Comment

• Originally posted by loxxrider View Post
                      OK I was just guessing on the width since I thought my style 5's were 8" wide. Seems that they are more like 8.7" wide lol. Who would have thought? Anyway the speedlines are 17x10! 2.5" lips up front and 3" out back. 7.5" barrel up front and 7" barrel out back.

The front centers are 7mm thicker than the rear centers hence the ET18 vs ET25.
                      Still doesn't add up. If there is 12.52mm less lip in the front, the offset went up by that much. If the center were only 7mm thicker, the offset would be 5.52mm higher than in the rear. Which is still possible, but one of your numbers is incorrect, I think.

Comment

• OK sorry, I am just telling you the offset stamped on the centers. I didn't mean overall offset. I don't know what that number is to be honest. Haven't calculated it yet.

Comment

• ok so I measured *roughly* and it seems that the rears are about +40 and fronts are +45
                          Last edited by loxxrider; 01-03-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• i know their corvette wheels but do thy have a name?
                            00' Volkswagon Beetle 2.0
                            89' Nissan 240sx

Comment

• corvette c4 sawblades

and most dealers will know what u mean
                              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• ^ most people call them salad shooters. they are 16s. sawblades are 17s. both off c4 vettes
                                *CLICKY*add us on the facebook
                                blog www.gotoelevens.blogspot.com *** www.AceUpMotorsports.com ***www.azdriven.com board sponser

Comment

Working...
                                X