This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
    With tires that is a pretty good deal. I had a set of these a while back in bad condition. Ended up getting $600 (with caps, but remember the condition was bad).

GL with the buy
    Thanks man. So I bought them and im not sure they are legit cause they dont say rays/volk on them anywhere.

Not even on the sticker. Although it does say Vesta.

Does anyone know who vesta is?

Comment

• The wiki says they changed the name from Vesta to Rays in 1988...

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rays_Engineering

The wiki says they changed the name from Vesta to Rays in 2000...
        Fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by staystetti View Post
          thanks man.

any idea of value?
          I sold a set of 15x7 with good tires for about $200 a few years ago.

Comment

• So, this is an extremely long shot, but the gold glitter S14 reminded me of something. Maybe one you wheel experts can piece together what I'm on about.

Back in the day, I remember seeing a set of wheels for sale that were just the craziest shit you've ever seen. They were Japanese, 5x114.3, and I vaguely remember them pictured on a black S13. They had flat lips, and maybe 3-4" of dish. For the faces, imagine a perfectly flat mirrored surface - I don't recall any windows or anything - but coming off the surface were a whole bunch of sharp, diamond-shaped "shards" pointing in random directions - maybe 30-40 "shards" of 3-4" length. Everything was chrome or high polish. They just looked absolutely berserk, almost like a movie prop.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture or anything to go off of, so I have little hope my description will go anywhere. It's also entirely possible they were one-offs or that I completely dreamed them up. Any ideas are appreciated.

EDIT: I put in a magical combination of words into Google Image Search ("weird-ass JDM wheels") and lookie what I found:

It's a shitty blurry photo! I'm 95% sure these are what I saw a few years back, though I'll admit, they looked way cooler in my head. The ad says they're dual drilled 4/5x114.3, that they're "Real JDM wheels", whatever that means, and that they're "crazy rediculous weird" [sic], but not much beyond that. Still curious if anyone knows WTF these ugly things are.
            Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 05-29-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• My friend got his car with these. They're some sort of fake splits. He and I both think they're just some cheap wheels but he wants to know before selling them.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                My friend got his car with these. They're some sort of fake splits. He and I both think they're just some cheap wheels but he wants to know before selling them.
                99% sure they are splits and like 30% they are axis or something similar.

I saw a set locally a few months back and they looked sick, but upon further research (fake) decided to skip on them. Let me research a bit.

Comment

• Looks like TSW Thruxton to me.

(or whatever legit wheels they're knockoffs of)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                    Looks like TSW Thruxton to me.

(or whatever legit wheels they're knockoffs of)
                    That is them for sure. Are they knock offs of an actual wheel? That would be sweet to have something similar that was original.

Comment

• You could make an argument that they're a knockoff of Axis Shines, though the match isn't quite 100%.

EDIT: The above are not Shines, however, since they're marked with the Axis logo on one spoke.

EDIT 2: Also, Maya DLS are probably the original originals.

Comment

• Hi, can anyone please help me confirm what wheels are these? quick google search suggest they're either WRD D5 or Speedline mistral but i've noticed both of them have concave faces but my wheels below are just flat. wheels have stamps in the back "made in Japan" & "AMP"

note: center cap below is just custom made, i found the wheels without any cover

Last edited by argon; 05-30-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Which wheels is yours? ̶1̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶2̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶M̶i̶s̶t̶r̶a̶l̶.̶
                          AMP does/did make a similar looking wheel.
                          Last edited by zoo; 05-31-2015, 10:48 PM.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Originally posted by zoo View Post
                            Which wheels is yours? 1st and 2nd pic is 100% Mistral.
                            AMP does/did make a similar looking wheel.
                            Photos above are my set of wheels. Yes, they look like Mistral but they have AMP stamp on the back. i did search for "AMP wheels" but i can't find similar to mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                              So, this is an extremely long shot, but the gold glitter S14 reminded me of something. Maybe one you wheel experts can piece together what I'm on about.

Back in the day, I remember seeing a set of wheels for sale that were just the craziest shit you've ever seen. They were Japanese, 5x114.3, and I vaguely remember them pictured on a black S13. They had flat lips, and maybe 3-4" of dish. For the faces, imagine a perfectly flat mirrored surface - I don't recall any windows or anything - but coming off the surface were a whole bunch of sharp, diamond-shaped "shards" pointing in random directions - maybe 30-40 "shards" of 3-4" length. Everything was chrome or high polish. They just looked absolutely berserk, almost like a movie prop.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture or anything to go off of, so I have little hope my description will go anywhere. It's also entirely possible they were one-offs or that I completely dreamed them up. Any ideas are appreciated.

EDIT: I put in a magical combination of words into Google Image Search ("weird-ass JDM wheels") and lookie what I found:

It's a shitty blurry photo! I'm 95% sure these are what I saw a few years back, though I'll admit, they looked way cooler in my head. The ad says they're dual drilled 4/5x114.3, that they're "Real JDM wheels", whatever that means, and that they're "crazy rediculous weird" [sic], but not much beyond that. Still curious if anyone knows WTF these ugly things are.
                              They are called D-Zest Kaleidoscopes
                              Chris Lane - fifteen52 - Join us on Facebook
                              chris@fifteen52.com 813.505.7910 - direct : 213.373.1552
                              RML | 52 Wheels | KW | ST | B&G | Newing-Alpil | C2 | Air-Lift

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris@fifteen52 View Post
                                They are called D-Zest Kaleidoscopes
                                Awesome! Thank you!

Rare as shit is my understanding, and frankly probably best that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X