Rc090 / style 5 e46 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rc090 / style 5 e46 coupe

Hi guys , just signed up on the forum. .

Im from the south east england , uk & own an e46 coupe

I've been refurbing some style 5's myself by hand over the last few months & have finally got them finished. Thought i'd show the work , glad to give any advice or answer any questions if needed!

This was how i bought them . .

They all had bad lacqer peel but were all straight , no buckles & had never been welded or repaired. I then split the wheels , paint stripped them , sanded through 10 different grits of wet & dry paper , compounded & then polished

Then came the bolts , i was unsure what to do with the bolts either polish them up or paint them. I decieded to paint them ford solar gold. They were in bad condition so i used a few layers of etching primer & it made them 10 times better.

I also had some chrome hex caps imported from the USA to add extra effect to the center caps

Then the centers were rubbed down , primered & finally sprayed. I settled for Laguna Seca Blue . . .

All i need now is to order my custom BBS center caps in laguna seca blue/gold/chrome & the wheels will be finished!

Im picking up some part worn 205/40/17 tyres tomorrow , anyone know whats the maximum sized spacers i can use with the 205/40/17 tyres , 8J all round et20 . .

20mm in the back gets it flush and 10mm up front on a sedan

reference: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=840112
    IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Apparently there is more space in the arches on a coupe than a sedan/saloon. I wonder how much difference there is as that setup looks just about right!

Thanks for the quick reply

Comment

No swet, im also refinishing my style 5's to put on my sedan and will add some spacers. Yea the arches are bigger I think.
        check this out :http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23083
        he's on 195's tho
        IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Yeh i do like style 5's on an e46 , its quite different in the uk but seems to be abit more common in the us. Not sure about canada.

The guy in that link is from the uk too! I've spoken to him before , he used to have bright yellow style 5's on that black coupe. Looked stunning

205/40/17's seem to be alot cheaper than 195/40/17 so i think ill stick with them! I'll just have to experiment with the spacers

Comment

I have style 5s on my e46 coupe. I have 205 40 tyres on them and they look pretty well. mine are 17x8 all round i had to lower the car quiet a bit to pull off the 17s what size are your style 5s? i must upload some pics if i can im from ireland myself and very rarely see style 5s on e46s thats why i tried it.

Comment

I have the same sizes as you! 8J all round , 17" & et20. Would love to see pictures of you have them buddy!

Comment

Got my bmw center caps through today , unsure if i should use them as a temporary thing until i get some bbs ones or just leave the bmw ones on there! . . also got some spigot rings to convert the center hole from e39 5 series to e46 3 series fitment

Comment

Heres a pic of my e46 with the style 5s although i have lowered it a good bit since as my car was going for NCT (irish equivalent of MOT). I have JOM coilovers and find them great. I also decided to stick with the oem silver centres on the wheels more of a fan of the standard look but i like how the laguna seca looks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow that looks stunning! Never seen an imola red coupe with rc090's before! If I had a colour like imola I would've kept them silver too! Think silver would've looked abit plain against my silver paintwork! Definitely going to stick with 205/40/17 though! Looks perfect on yours!

Comment

Nice work. Did you have any trouble re-using any of the bolts?

Comment

Working...
                      X