Recomendations? place to widen wheels?? 2in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendations? place to widen wheels?? 2in

Went from staggered style 32s (17x8 &17x9) to style 19s (17x8 square) and would like to maybe widen the back ones.
    Any of you guys can recommend a place? id rather it be in socal. Looking to widen the barrels about 2inches on 2. And what would be a price range?? thanks

hi

I would widen the lips as opposed to the barrels, but that's just me.

As for places, I know you're looking in SoCal, but Weldcraft wheels in Michigan does good work.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
      I would widen the lips as opposed to the barrels, but that's just me.

As for places, I know you're looking in SoCal, but Weldcraft wheels in Michigan does good work.
      Thanks. and yea, would be better if lips could be widened, but i think that would be way more expensive? no? like making it into a 3 piece?

hi

Comment

he widen his lips but you would have to paint them, but imo i wouldn't do this

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

yea. all 4 of my wheels are recently refinished with polished lips, so think itll be better then to widen the barrels since i also have some style 19s i just finished as well, then i could just swap the back faces to the 10 in barrels. 8 in seems just too skinny.

hi

Comment

Originally posted by JE BMW View Post
            Thanks. and yea, would be better if lips could be widened, but i think that would be way more expensive? no? like making it into a 3 piece?
            Not sure price wise.

I know if there is enough lip (those style 5's would work) they can machine cut the lip off, add material, then weld it all back together. You'd still be able to have nice flat polished lips. I've seen their work (on the internets) and it's quality stuff.

I want to have 2 of my wheels done like that.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

You can go see Eric Vaughn.... he is in socal. As a fore warning, I have had a bad experience with him but he made it right and others have had good luck.
              Real name is James

Comment

Thanks guys.

hi

Comment

Working...
                X