X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gahh those equips look beautiful
    CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

As promised, my new custom build from VR came in today, and here's the pics of the boxing and arrival.

1. Arrival - Initial Boxing

2. Box opened - Both wheels strapped together with plenty of straps. Facing towards each other. (Lips protected from edges of box)

3. Top wheel removed - Cardboard sandwiched between

4. Cardboard removed. Lower wheel in view - Lips wrapped (As is the top wheel)

5. Full set unboxed

Final pic

I hope these pics help ease the mind of some folks who have bought from VR wheels and are worried about the wheels arriving in an open box like the OP. I have had 3 sets of wheels shipped from VR this month (Equips, Cerberus, Strusse) and every one has arrived in immaculate condition.

For anyone who browses through the VR facebook, you might have seen these posted up a few days ago lol. I had them build these from the get go, and that post was never a for sale ad.

Specs for the curious:

19x10.5 w/ 5" lip
      19x13 w/ 6.5" lip
      Y'all know me, still the same OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Titty View Post
        I hope these pics help ease the mind of some folks who have bought from VR wheels and are worried about the wheels arriving in an open box like the OP. I have had 3 sets of wheels shipped from VR this month (Equips, Cerberus, Strusse) and every one has arrived in immaculate condition.

For anyone who browses through the VR facebook, you might have seen these posted up a few days ago lol. I had them build these from the get go, and that post was never a for sale ad.

Specs for the curious:

19x10.5 w/ 5" lip
        19x13 w/ 6.5" lip
        Great to see this being done, really does restore a lot of faith in them. Hopefully everything now is better or just all the horror stories were over-exaggerated. Thanks for posting this up, if a company is taking proper steps like this then it definitely should be conveyed.

OP, I would contact UPS and show them the pictures provided. It is now clearly possible that UPS cut the straps for some reason and opened the boxes. It seems highly irregular that Titty would get 3 sets of wheels all packaged the same and yours done differently.

I definitely gotta give them another shot next time.

Comment

I feel like it would have been better to have posted pics of the Equips and Cerberus arriving, and after digging through some pics on my phone, I found some. (I always take pics of shipments even if the box is pristine, record keeping I suppose)

Both were strapped as you can see. As for the inside, see my previous post. They were packed exactly the same.

Equips:

Cerberus: (I had cut one strap on the left in excitement, and nearly forgot to take a pic)

Comment

And no, I am not associated with VR in anyway. I just find them a convenient place to buy wheels. I'm in Norcal, they're in Socal. I'm not receiving special treatment from them.

The Equips were the first set I bought, and as you can see, they were packaged as well as my more recent purchases as a repeat customer. Jack is a great person to deal with. Yes, he can sometimes lag on emails (by lag, I mean, never ever replies back). That's why you call them. I find calling them is hundreds of times better, and Jack almost always answers the phone (given you call during shop hours of course)

Comment

See #27 from myself, that is how everything I have ever gotten from them has arrived. Like I said, I would contact the shipper
              Real name is James

Comment

I have done a lot of business with them as well. Probably over 10 sets of wheels,and all have arrived in great shape, except for one set that looked abused by UPS.

My UPS guy hates me because of the heavy boxes when I get them, So I can only imagine what every person that previously handled the box thought.

It's UPS's fault not VR Wheels.
                @sd262 - instagram

Comment

Your wheels look great, but I really hope the other 20 blind bolts that go on the backside got put in. If not, that's pretty irresponsible on their part to only use half of the fasteners and you should see about installing some for your own safety. I'm not bashing them, they re-drilled my current wheels for me and I haven't had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by honeybadger View Post

Your wheels look great, but I really hope the other 20 blind bolts that go on the backside got put in. If not, that's pretty irresponsible on their part to only use half of the fasteners and you should see about installing some for your own safety. I'm not bashing them, they re-drilled my current wheels for me and I haven't had any problems.
                    Those wheels only use 20 bolts, they just so happen to use the same lips/barrels as work wheels which are 40 hole. They are not drilled and tapped for other bolts
                    @sd262 - instagram

Comment

I had a pretty good experience with VR. I bought my wheels from them which were custom built. They came packaged pretty poorly, and even my UPS driver commented on the package job (I work for UPS). Still, the lips were wrapped pretty heavily and had cardboard between them. This is the second set I've bought from VR.

Now CZ Wheels on the other hand...I don't even know if I'll get my wheels back.
                      00 Lexus LS400: VIP-Style
                      90 Mazda Miata: Track toy
                      63 Volkswagen Beetle
                      95 Lexus SC300: 3.0L VVTi-swapped and singled
                      03 Lexus IS300: V8+TT+6spd

NL Projects

Comment

Originally posted by Icana4dit View Post
                        Those wheels only use 20 bolts, they just so happen to use the same lips/barrels as work wheels which are 40 hole. They are not drilled and tapped for other bolts
                        this is correct. if you look at the front face, there are no holes for those empty ones out back to go through.

Comment

This makes me feel a little better about VR. I guess?

No, no it doesn't.
                          Last edited by keeton; 07-06-2013, 03:53 PM. Reason: Still unsure. Lolz

Comment

What ever happened to bubble wrap or foam wrap?

Comment

Working...
                            X