BBS RS waffles through thick and thin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS RS waffles through thick and thin

I just noticed that the wheel I got with a thick waffle has a deeper waffle recess. I'm pretty confident thin waffles will work on thick waffle centers, but its pretty obvious it won't work the other way around.

I uploaded the pics here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/show....php?t=1714893

Early RS models had a thicker waffle, explaining the greater recess. They're fairly hard to come by.
    instagram : demrimz
    StatesideWheel

Comment

Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
      Early RS models had a thicker waffle, explaining the greater recess. They're fairly hard to come by.
      Well it looks like I got really lucky. I collected a set of four thick waffles, not knowing there was a difference in faces. I had one brand-new-looking wheel (no mounting or wheel weight marks and price tag/stock sticker still on it) that came with a thick waffle and four others that came with thin waffles.

I decided to make a second set and collected three more wheels. All of those three are thin waffle wheels and the original four that came with thin waffles were in my garage with tires on them. I had t checked them last night when I posted this.

I just went out to the garage and all four will accept the thick waffles. Date codes range from 08.86 to 11.86 and still accept the waffles. Shwew! I wasn't looking forward to unloading those thick waffles! :-)

I will have a full set of extra centers, thin waffles, nuts, badges, even with snap rings I think. Not the greatest condition though.

Comment

Here is another example of old faces without number marks made to accept thick waffles.

Comment

I couldn't bring myself to separate this one without a production date number on it until I saw that my 1986 RS were also deep recess. So then I was able to split this one without crying.

Comment

Working...
          X