Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30 fitment

hi all

im am going to be purchasing schmidt modern line 3 pc.
    could i get away with 10.5 on the rear. they come in et 31, 24, 8 so what would be the best options with the 10.5 and 9's. preferably flush with the arch on front and poke on rear?

any help would be appreciated

you would want the highest offset for the rear and I would run et24 on the 9.

Comment

Originally posted by jubdub View Post
      you would want the highest offset for the rear and I would run et24 on the 9.
      Completely wrong info.

In order to clear on the inside, you need at least et13 front and rear with 9's up front and 10.5's in the back. The front will poke a little no matter what unless you run camber. Rear will poke too, about the same as the front.

I'd run 215/40's all around, unless you can find some 225/40's or 245/35's for the rear*

*assuming we're talking about 16's

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
        Completely wrong info.

In order to clear on the inside, you need at least et13 front and rear with 9's up front and 10.5's in the back. The front will poke a little no matter what unless you run camber. Rear will poke too, about the same as the front.

I'd run 215/40's all around, unless you can find some 225/40's or 245/35's for the rear*

*assuming we're talking about 16's
        yeah we are talking 16's. sorry if i sound like a noob but i dont understand et yet. so et8 wouldn't do, or get spacers? or would i havto go et24 and run bigger spacers?

Comment

not a bmw guy lol, thats what i would run on vw. i tried lol

Comment

Originally posted by wideboy View Post
            yeah we are talking 16's. sorry if i sound like a noob but i dont understand et yet. so et8 wouldn't do, or get spacers? or would i havto go et24 and run bigger spacers?
            Et8 would work fine but would stick out more, or you could get the et24 and run a 10mm all around and hope they clear at et14. It would be really close but that's the closest you're getting to not poking. Some wheel designs don't clear the front brake calipers on e30's, so I would say get the et24 with the spacers just to be safe.
            Originally posted by jubdub View Post
            not a bmw guy lol, thats what i would run on vw. i tried lol
            Then why did you comment? He is looking for information, not guesses based on different cars.

Comment

i dont know, didn't think about brake clearance at the time, its not a big deal bud

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                Et8 would work fine but would stick out more, or you could get the et24 and run a 10mm all around and hope they clear at et14. It would be really close but that's the closest you're getting to not poking. Some wheel designs don't clear the front brake calipers on e30's, so I would say get the et24 with the spacers just to be safe.

Then why did you comment? He is looking for information, not guesses based on different cars.
                ok, so if i would get 16x9 on front et21 (sorry its et21 not et24) with 10mm spacer it would clear the caliper and would poke abit on front?
                and then if i would run 16x10.5 et21 or et8 on rear?
                how much aprox would the wheel poke on et21 or et8 on rear. sorry for all the questions.

Comment

I previously ran a 16x9.5 in the rear with an offset of 13 they and sat about flush with a slightly rolled late model fender. If you factor in the +1 inch for the 16x10.5 you are getting additonal 12.5mm on each side so running at et 8 on a 16x10.5 would give you about 14-16 mm of poke out of in the rear. Hopefully my math is correct lol this is just mind calulations. I also ran a 16x8.5 +12 on the front which didnt poke at all on rolled fenders so i would personally go with the +8 offset for the fronts to clear the brakes and give you some poke without needing spacers. guess it does depend on if you fenders are rolled/pulled. what I usually do is measure where my currents wheels sit in relation to the fenders then go to willtheyfit.com to compare.

Comment

Originally posted by wideboy View Post
                    ok, so if i would get 16x9 on front et21 (sorry its et21 not et24) with 10mm spacer it would clear the caliper and would poke abit on front?
                    and then if i would run 16x10.5 et21 or et8 on rear?
                    how much aprox would the wheel poke on et21 or et8 on rear. sorry for all the questions.
                    If they are et21 then you would only need 8mm spacers to clear. Wether you do that or get the et8 with no spacer is up to you. There is a chance that the back of the spokes won't clear the caliper without a spacer, and then you woul need a spacer anyways and be poking even further then if you had just gone with et21 and spacers in the first place. But there's also the chance that they do clear and you save yourself the money of spacers. The front will poke slightly less then the rear.

I don't know how low you are and wether you have an early or late model, but assuming relatively low on a late model the rear will poke about 10mm at et13 (21 with an 8mm spacer) and 15mm at et8. Like the guy above said, a tape measure and willtheyfit will get you measurements that will be exact to your car and height.

Comment

i am going 60mm springs all round till i get cash for air. yeah its a late model

cheers for all the info, i think ill go with the e21

Comment

Working...
                      X