• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nankang NSII - Thoughts

I'm looking at getting a set of NS2's in the following sizes:

19x8.5 = 225/35/19
    19x10 - 235/35/19

I know these tires run narrow and I'm not looking for a super stretch by any means. I commute 60 miles a day so I need a decent wearing tire, somewhat quiet and affordable.

I do need clearance up front which is why I'm going with a narrow tire like the NS2's but I don't really want to go down to a 215 because my work driveway, which is about 300 yards, is mostly dirt and a crappy gravel/pot hole infested road and I don't want to bend a rim.

Basically I need some reassurance that I'm getting my moneys worth with these since they are a cheaper tire...

I had a great experience with them and they stretch great. Also didn't wear funny like other cheap tires. My .02
    Follow on IG
    amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
    Vintage AME Wheels
    RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
    W115 & W123

Comment

Run them all the time great value for money unless you drive like a tit on the limit all the time .

Comment

i had some 285/30 nsii's on a 12 and they were super noisy. dislike. im on federals now.
        025garage

Comment

That's good to hear.

Originally posted by vgrntbeauxner View Post
          i had some 285/30 nsii's on a 12 and they were super noisy. dislike. im on federals now.
          I've also heard that. I have a roadster so I'm already used to a lot of road noise but don't know if I would want more lol. How do you like the federals? I've seen that they do run big and finding a 215/30 has been a pain. Most list "in stock" when in fact they're not.

Since we're on the subject of cheap tires what about Achilles tires? I did a search and looks like they run a bit narrow but tread wear seems good along. Only bad was wet weather performance but I live on the Central Coast (Cali) and summer is nearing so that's not a concern at the moment.

Comment

NS2's can be noisy, but the compound is hard and they last a long time as long as you arent doing burnouts and you have a decent alignment.

The NS20's are slightly less noisy, and are just as good.

They both stretch well, and for a daily tire, I highly recommend them.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I run 275/30/20 on my rears and never had any problem. orhan inner camber wear from not checking my alignment I like them. I need to order one to replace it and this just reminded me. I will definitely have to get one if I drive down to SOWO.
              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Working...
              X