could these wheels be redrilled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could these wheels be redrilled?

just picked up some 17 konig incident's...

was wondering if they could be redrilled to change the bolt patter from 5x114.3 to 5x108?

here are some pics of the backs...

thanks!

Because they're dual drilled already, no, they couldn't be redrilled. You could could get then inserted though since you're keeping them 5 lug.

Comment

Would a machine shop be the right place look for someone to do this?

Also, from a cost-efficiency perspective would I be better off just buying some wheel adapters? Motorsport-tech has priced me out at $240 for a set of custom 19mm adapters...

Comment

I don't know what wheels you guys are looking at, but the images show a dual-drilled 4-lug wheel.

- Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Originally posted by thenorthface View Post
          Would a machine shop be the right place look for someone to do this?

Also, from a cost-efficiency perspective would I be better off just buying some wheel adapters? Motorsport-tech has priced me out at $240 for a set of custom 19mm adapters...
          Make sure they are wheel centric as well as hub centric. You don't want a wheel coming off cause you bought the wrong kind lol. I have adaptec adapters and the quality on them is awesome.
          1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
          1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
            I don't know what wheels you guys are looking at, but the images show a dual-drilled 4-lug wheel.

LOL i figured someone would pick up on that lol...i took pics and tried to post them as attatchments but the file size is too big, so i just pulled the first images off google for the back of konig incident's...

the backpads are the same so i figured the answer to whether they could be drilled wouldnt matter much...

Comment

Ah, I got ya now. I was a little worried haha.

Yeah, being that they're already double-drilled, that would be a lot of structural material removed and I'd be skeptical about running them. As suggested above, you could have them plugged and re-drilled.
              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Working...
              X