BBS RF Centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS RF Centres

I am looking at building some RF's for my e36 and I have the opportunity to buy some RF 004 faces.

Are they the same as 010 faces? Do the faces have any effect on offset or is it all barrel and lip?

I've tried searching but to no avail
    Last edited by Gazinator; 04-25-2013, 10:22 PM.
    Originally posted by Aubrey107
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't buy Rotas, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

RF004's are 17x8 +40 where RF010's are 17x8.5 +13. The 004's use a 1in lip and 6.5 barrel, 010's use a 2in lip and 6in barrel. If you were to swap out the barrels and lips and use the 2in lips and 6in barrels off the 010's on the 004's you'd end up with an 8.5 +20(ish), so the 004's have less thickness on the pack pad of the centre. So yes, the centres do effect offset(as back pad thicknesses vary) as do the lips and barrels....having the higher offset centre just means you can go an extra 0.5in of dish over someone with 010's, which is a good thing!

Comment

Thanks dude, my next question was going to be are the sandwich mount or rear mount but you answered that

I was thinking about rear mounting the faces with 6 inch barrels and 3 inch lips which should give me 17x9 and approx et 22.

Does my maths make sense?
      I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't buy Rotas, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazinator View Post
        Thanks dude, my next question was going to be are the sandwich mount or rear mount but you answered that

I was thinking about rear mounting the faces with 6 inch barrels and 3 inch lips which should give me 17x9 and approx et 22.

Does my maths make sense?
        Only sandwich mount can be done safely with those wheels, unless the face is machined to be reverse mounted.
        @sd262 - instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
          RF004's are 17x8 +40 where RF010's are 17x8.5 +13. The 004's use a 1in lip and 6.5 barrel, 010's use a 2in lip and 6in barrel. If you were to swap out the barrels and lips and use the 2in lips and 6in barrels off the 010's on the 004's you'd end up with an 8.5 +20(ish), so the 004's have less thickness on the pack pad of the centre. So yes, the centres do effect offset(as back pad thicknesses vary) as do the lips and barrels....having the higher offset centre just means you can go an extra 0.5in of dish over someone with 010's, which is a good thing!
          Solid infomation.
          -Instagram@jdjurhuus
          Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

i have a set of 4 centers rf004 on stock if you still search them

Comment

Solid info all round. Cheers guys. Gives me something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
                Nice post man.
                I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
                  Solid infomation.
                  Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                  Nice post man.
                  Just being helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X