new to wheels,bad start. 1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to wheels,bad start. 1 question

ok, so i bought these real nice toyota snowflake rims that are 4x114.3 bolt pattern. my ride is a 95 mitsubishi expo with the 4x114.3 bolt pattern. so i buy these wheels and get them cleaned, painted and the lips polished and im all happy to put these nice wheels on my ride and the wheel didnt fit correctly. the center of the wheel is too small to fit my hubs so the rims dont fit flat on the hub. my question is, what can i do to make this work? the reason i ask is, ive seen wagons like mines on the net sporting toyota wheels that are simillar to mines and some being the same. so if they could do it i figured why cant i. i have plans of stancing this wagon and the wheels will complement the stance. dont want to write a book but felt this was necesary to get the right answer. thanks guys for ur imputs on this matter.
    "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
    Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
    Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
    Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
    Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Go have the hub bore enlarged. Pretty common procedure
    Real name is James

Comment

the bore on the rims? who would do a job like that? a friend told me to do it myself but thats not something i wanna mess with lol.

Comment

Ive done it myself before, just have to go little by little and make sure its even around the hub. Or most machine shops could do it for you.

Comment

Machine shop. Find out the size of your hub, and have the center bore drilled out to fit.
          halfheighthex

Comment

ah, ok. thanks. thats what ima do as soon as i get out of work today. ima check around and see who does this type of work. a friend recomended a few tire shops here in my area that would do a job like this one. lets see...

Comment

i found a tire shop here in my area that does this kind of stuff. they are charging me 35 bucks a wheel plus tax. so lets see what happens...

Comment

Working...
              X