Want low/no dust brake pads, do not want to give up performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want low/no dust brake pads, do not want to give up performance

I'm looking for brake pads that create low amounts of dust (or preferably... none at all), I also do not want them to be noisy/squeaky, nor do I want to give up stopping power.

Do these exist or am I just thinking wishfully? My current front brake pads are dust factories. If I want my wheels to be clean I would have to literally wipe them off every time I drive the car. That's not going to fly with me for the new wheels.

If you're looking for a pad that doesn't produce any dust, you're not going to find it. Stay way from metallic and semi-metallic pads. Personally I would suggest EBC Redstuff. I bought them when I upgraded to zinc plated rotors and I love them so far. They're ceramic so they produce minimal dust. They are a race/performance pad so they they are more than you will ever need on the street. That being said, rotors play a large role as well. If you have cheapo rotors, some of the dust you see will actually be from the rotors and not the pads.

As far as not having to wipe the wheels off every day, you shouldn't have to. I had white Tracer Tech 2s and I only had to clean them once a week maybe. Now I have Tech 1s and I anticipate I'll have to clean them even less.

Hope that helps!

Comment

AKEBONO are pretty good ..my lips stay shiny with these

Comment

I like Akebono as well.

Comment

I change to ceramic on all my Euros and I love them. Minimal dust, no fade

progress IS a slow process

Comment

ceramic for the least dust

Comment

Working...
            X