Questions regarding painting/pc'ing the face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding painting/pc'ing the face

Alright so my wheels are completely apart and I have one question.

On my Gotti's there is the outer rim of the face that is the mating surface between the lip/barrel. Does it matter if their is paint/powdercoat on it?

I didn't know if this would mess up the "seal" between them or create any issue?

For reference here is a picture, the part not highlighted in red is what I'm speaking of:

If you are planning to Powdercoat, any good shop, or even hobbiest at that can easily use high temp paint after prepping to keep them clean. If you are painting why not do the same with some masking tape. I am sure tons of people just do it as-is, but I would suggest at a minimum sanding down the mating surfaces with 220 grit if possible if you are not going to mask it.

Comment

As long as your mounting surface is clean your good to go (wet sand, acetone, masking tape, paint). Ive had a few sets great wheels and easy to build.
      Follow on IG
      amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
      Vintage AME Wheels
      RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
      W115 & W123

Comment

i had powdercoated 3 piece volks. the powder was a wee bit thick and it was difficult getting them back together... however, they sealed up fine and worked great.

Comment

Working...
        X