style 5 rc090 refinishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• style 5 rc090 refinishing thread

Picked up a set of style 5s with one bent/chipped barrel so i picked up a spare style 19 off stanceworks. They were in your typicall average condition. Nothing some aircraft stripper couldnt tackle. [IMG][/IMG]

Polishing the lips takes about 5-6 hours each. Currently have 3 lips done. Some pitting but not much you can do about that [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Wanted to do something sexy and different with them, so I went to napa and had them mix up some volvo bronze metallic. [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Plans are to have the bolts powdercoated anodized gold. Stay tuned for these puppies to be finished! Any tips on where to pick up some good bbs stickers would be appreciated
    aaron by Jeremy King, on Flickr

Looks good, I never knew Napa could mix up custom paint... Stickers you can find almost anywhere, I bought mine from BFI a while back, check them or ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
      Looks good, I never knew Napa could mix up custom paint... Stickers you can find almost anywhere, I bought mine from BFI a while back, check them or ebay.
      yeah they do a great job, had them mix alpine white for my is spoiler on my e28. perfect match. and ill check out ebay, i was looking at these if they get them back in stock

Comment

I love the color on these centers man! Do Napa put the paint in a spray can?

Comment

Originally posted by ju_le_new View Post
          I love the color on these centers man! Do Napa put the paint in a spray can?
          thanks man, its definetely something special and different. and yeah they put it in a rattle can. they can just put it in a bucket too. its not cheap though.. for two cans it was 48 dollars for this paint. it kinda ranges though. i have 3 centercaps left to paint and i fear i may not have enough paint. and you can only buy it in certain quantities. 2 spray cans is the smallest i believe.

Comment

Aight thanks,

Let's hope you won't have to buy 2 more cans to finish your caps!

Comment

I'm currently working on refinishing my style-5's and was wondering how do you prep the centers to be repainted.
              2003 BMW 540it
              2008 Lexus IS350
              1987 Toyota Soarer Z20
              1983 Porsche 911sc
              1971 BMW 2800cs
              1956 VW Oval Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by ju_le_new View Post
                Aight thanks,

Let's hope you won't have to buy 2 more cans to finish your caps!
                i know right haha. that will suck. I've been dragging out polishing the last wheel forever. I've still got a few weeks left until winters over to finish them though.

Originally posted by DaSurfa View Post
                I'm currently working on refinishing my style-5's and was wondering how do you prep the centers to be repainted.
                i cleaned mine in the bath tub with a rag and soapy water and scrubbed where the spokes meet with a q tip then roughed it all up with 400 grit and wiped it all down with a tack cloth

Comment

heres a quick photoshop my friend did with the new navy blue plasti dip its getting painted here soon and with a generic brown. let me know what you think and feel free to follow me on instagram

Comment

Finished product! Let me know what you guys think

Comment

Wow, beautiful job!

If you don't mind, how much did it cost to have the bolts powder coated?

David
                      2003 BMW 540it
                      2008 Lexus IS350
                      1987 Toyota Soarer Z20
                      1983 Porsche 911sc
                      1971 BMW 2800cs
                      1956 VW Oval Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by DaSurfa View Post
                        Wow, beautiful job!

If you don't mind, how much did it cost to have the bolts powder coated?

David
                        Well, the local guy that was going to powder coat them was taking to long and complaining about how he was going to do just the heads and not the threads. So I decided not to powdercoat them. They're just painted

Comment

They're on!!! Sorry they're iphone pictures. Ill be at import alliance in atlanta this month.

Comment

That looks so nice. specially the black bbs caps. and not red like everyone else. Can you tell me where you got them? link and how much they cost?

hi

Comment

Originally posted by JE BMW View Post
                              That looks so nice. specially the black bbs caps. and not red like everyone else. Can you tell me where you got them? link and how much they cost?
                              you want B style 70 mm. prices differ on what you want exactly

http://www.purems.com/Products/BBSCE...BS-Center-Caps

Comment

Working...
                              X