Problem with my tire again :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my tire again :/

So I am running wheels 18" 9.5+22 and 10.5+22. 225/40 on the 9.5+22, and 235/40 on the 10.5 +22.

Been having problems with one tire starting today. I left for a long distance trip and my PSI was at 45 all around. When I got to my destination I checked again and all were at 46 except one was 30.....filled it up to 45 heard the air escaping. After 2 hours air stopped leaking and it was at 32. Stopped and I filled it up to 45 again, 60 mins later got home....it was down to 38. Drove around town for 2 hours over various roads/speeds and its still 38. WTF. lol

Wheels and tires are brand new.

Air looks like its coming from the bead, should I have a shop remount? Or should I be expecting to fork over some $$$ for a new tire?

Look for cracks also you could demount the tire from the bead of the wheel and clean it up and remount.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Take the wheel back to where you had the tyres put on an ask them to look at it, its clearly losing air so there must be a problem. The shop could've nicked the bead when putting the tyre on, but as Zic said you could have a crack also.
      Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
      Internet high five for you.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Its constant at 36.5 now, the 1.5 loss was fine because of the winter. I doubt I have a crack it was brand new wheel but I guess its possible due to the shitty roads around here. I had these tires mounted at a shady shop....my front tires were mounted at a reputable shop. I think I will have the reputable shop remount these for me.

Is it common for the bead to sometimes leak? Or is this a very rare occurrence.

I hope its not a crack:/.

Comment

Originally posted by aretardedorange View Post
          Thanks for the info guys.

Its constant at 36.5 now, the 1.5 loss was fine because of the winter. I doubt I have a crack it was brand new wheel but I guess its possible due to the shitty roads around here. I had these tires mounted at a shady shop....my front tires were mounted at a reputable shop. I think I will have the reputable shop remount these for me.

Is it common for the bead to sometimes leak? Or is this a very rare occurrence.

I hope its not a crack:/.

Brand new wheels an tyres shouldn't really leak any air, but, tyres do lose air over time but that normally takes weeks/months. That being said, it doesn't always happen.

Take it to that reputable shop an see what they say.
          Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
          Internet high five for you.

Comment

Working...
          X