Refinshing Corvette Sawblades with 2 different finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinshing Corvette Sawblades with 2 different finishes

I have a staggered set of sawblades. The rear are 1991 sawblades which come with a painted finish from the factory and the fronts are from 94 which are raw aluminum. I want the set to match so if i sand the 91's that have the painted finish will it turn to a raw aluminum finish? Thanks.

1991's with painted surface

1994's raw aluminum

Couple of things:

The "raw" wheels are not raw, they appear to be machined/polished finish on the faces and have clear over them. If you look between the spokes, that is raw aluminum.

If you are hoping to achieve that look on the painted wheel you would have to completely strip the paint on them. Once stripped, you will have a fully raw aluminum wheel as I doubt the faces of the wheels are machined/polished underneath, nor do I believe you would be able to strip and keep the finish. Then you would have to have the finish polished out (i.e. multiple grits to smooth out, buff, polish, clear the wheel, etc.)

If you are going to sand them all, then primer them all and paint they can/will match if done properly. Otherwise you will need to invest more time and money then its worth to just find another set of non-painted sawblades.

Comment

Working...
    X