seperating faces from lips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seperating faces from lips

first of all, NO im not a noob at this. i've build and refinished many many sets of wheels.

...that being said, im sort of at a stand still, i picked up a set of bbs rs 031 and have started splitting them for the rebuild. once all the bolts came off, i used my man strength and the barrel seperated from the face without much difficulty.

so now i am left with the lip and the face still stuck together. because these are the oem lips, the lip sort of wraps around the edges of the face. so its not like i can jam a screw driver in between them.

i've tried standing on the centre with the lip supported, even jumping on it. i've tried using my heat gun, i've stuck them in the oven and gone crazy with a big rubber mallet, nad these things haven't even budged a millimetre.

are there any other secret tips or suggestions i dont know about? any help is appreciated

nevermind, i got it. more time in the oven, and a no fucks given attitude for the strength of the hammer blow.

Comment

Every time I ask this question to a friend or see someone ask this question, the answer is always: hit it harder!

Comment

Working...
      X