straightening wheel pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• straightening wheel pieces

So i pulled apart a rim, a sure enough like my tire guy told me a long time ago, one of my inner barrels is out of round.
    if i lay it flat on the lip where the tire bead sits, i can rock it on the gorund. Put my other wheels in the exact same spot, theyre completely flat and do not rock.

Is there anywhere i can send just that barrel to be fixed or will i need to reassemble the wheel and send the complete wheel?
    I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

I'd think they should be able to repair the barrel alone, but I suppose that may depend on whose repairing the wheel.

Comment

do YOU know anyone that can fix just the barrel? if i can get that done i can save the cost of buying too new barrels.

Comment

where you from, wheel works in new jersey does amazing work

build thread?

Comment

im in FL. will send to jersey if they can repair just the barrel. I hae a connect in cali that can fix it, but he needs the whole thing, and i dont want to do that, as im about to send the centers off to be powdercoated.

Comment

he's more then likely going to need the entire wheel, no sense in fixing one part of the wheel and then a few weeks later complaining about a vibration or something like that.

build thread?

Comment

Yeah. But I'm putting on wider lips. So that wouldn't be a factor.
              Currently looking into just sending the centers to the same dude that's straightening it. Instead of experimenting with the locals.

Comment

Working...
              X