stretched tire for gti, need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretched tire for gti, need some advice

hey guys, new to the site. been looking around and cant come up with much...

got a set of grand marquis wheels (16x7) looking to stretch some 195/45/r16's on them... for my 2002 vw gti 20th ann.

things i already know:
    -how to do it
    -its stupid to stretch a tire on a 7in rim
    -it will harm handling

its a budget setup just looking for the stretched look, has anyone done this? picture? what is the best tire to use?
    (or should i use something different? 185/45/16??? )

thanks in advance

-matt
    Last edited by yamaha6611; 10-24-2012, 05:15 PM.

tyrestretch.com

Comment

195 on a 7 inch rim can barely be considered stretch

Comment

Plus that tire will be way too short for your car. The only thing you're going to get that will stretch on a 7 and be tall enough is a spare tire.

Comment

You shouldn't be putting 16x7s on a mk4. 16s are proven too small, especially skinny ones. 17s are perfect, 18s are good for being safe.

Comment

ah okay, so the car is going to lay on the ground if i end up doing any kind of stretched tire on this wheel... good to know! this is actually not my car, its my friends im doing research for... this is my ride

s2000 REAR wheels all the way around, 225/50/16 front and 195/50/16 rear (fronts are snow tires for now)

i like a lot of tire.

Comment

Hmm ive never seen 16x7s on a car as big as a GTI... I think your friend should keep looking.. Hell 16x7 is small even for my car..

Btw the integra looks good

Comment

cause i just posted a pic in another thread. dude 16's are to small for a MK4. i has huge tires to get my 16's to look right. with the side of 16's you want to do and on a 20th to add to that. its going to look fucking stupid. i was on 16x8. 7's will never work.
                doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

what everyone has said 16's on a 20th are barely going to clear the brakes not to mention its going to look like dooodooo
                  http://www.facebook.com/parkhard

www.hardparkergarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by yamaha6611 View Post
                    ah okay, so the car is going to lay on the ground if i end up doing any kind of stretched tire on this wheel...
                    I don't think you understand how stretched tires work.

Like everyone has said, the proposed tire/wheel setup is terrible for a mk4. just find some other wheels and start over.
                    025garage

Comment

Working...
                    X