e36 m3 rear fitment questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 m3 rear fitment questions!

Whats up guys, bimmerforums is useless for this kind of information.

First off, not new to the game. Been in a mk4 for years and finally made the hop to an e36. With that being said, I can't really determine ideal ET's and that jazz for the car. Been searching for a week or so and todays the day i'm ready to pick up the wheels.

I'm looking at picking up some futuras, 5x120, correct hub size so not worried about that. Currently they're 17x8 et35. Ideally I'd like to make them 8.5/9.5 which puts the final et's at 29/17. I'm sure i'd have to space the fronts but how is the rear gonna sit? my goal isn't to run stupid camber in the rear but i'm not opposed to adjusting it to make shit fit.

tl:dr 9.5 et 17 for the rear of an e36 m3, pics, references, simple yes or no's would be awesome.

everyone loves pictures

Will poke 5mm less than that.
    setup is 17x10 et19 215/40's on stock camber arms, that are maxed out. and super flat fenders. Look at my buildthread v3. for more info. the vw looked good.

*edit. one more thing. i would build the fronts to 9.5's as well.
    Last edited by Zic; 09-28-2012, 08:29 AM.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

That's a crap load. : and I like the square idea better. I could do 9 squared nicely.

Comment

It ain't THAT much. Remember independent rear suspension, you get more clearance as the suspension compresses., no solid rear axle.

-Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

You said 5mm less from that? That looks good from the front.

How about 9/9.5 fronts then? Same et17 as the rear.

Comment

17x10 et19 215/40 vorshlag camber plates. -3camber. would poke 5mm less with the 9.5et17 (at the same camber ofc)

17x8.5 et13 195/40 vorshlag camber plates. -3camber. would poke 2mm more with the 9et17. (at the same camber ofc)

Heres the setup with 17x8.5et13 195/40 vorshlag camber plates -3 camber, and 17x10et19 215/40 uuc camber arms at around -7ish.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

17x9.5 +20

Comment

Winner winner.

I can deal with 3mm more poke than that.

Comment

Working...
                X