• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HOLES View Post
    who has good treadlife!?
    no one...

insta:yungwymo

Comment

• Well now that 205/40/16 Falken Ziex-ZE 512's are no longer available (I have been buying them for years through Discount Tire Direct) and I am desperately in need of new tires.........what tires have the closest resemblance in terms of stretch to the 512's? I really liked how they 512's looked with the lip protector, so I would prefer whatever tires I elect to run in place of the 512's have that too. I'm picky.....lol.
      MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• Originally posted by INeedMoarLow View Post
        Ok guys 16x8... I ran 512's in 205/40/r16... Best tire ever made... Had to replace two tires, 512's are discontinued in that size... Tried kumho ecsta 205/40, never again... Tried the new federal 595evo 195/40, never again..ran as wide is the 205 kumho.... What the heck runs narrow enough for a 8 in 16? ? Please any help would be amazing
        I'm running into this exact same problem right now. Still undecided as to what tires are going to be a suitable replacement for the 512's.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

• my bro running nitto neo gen 205/40 17x9 +22 17x9.5 pretty good stretch, i'm going to be running 215/40 17x10 +25 same tires brand nitto neo gen haven't had the fund to get tires yet but soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
            Well now that 205/40/16 Falken Ziex-ZE 512's are no longer available (I have been buying them for years through Discount Tire Direct) and I am desperately in need of new tires.........what tires have the closest resemblance in terms of stretch to the 512's? I really liked how they 512's looked with the lip protector, so I would prefer whatever tires I elect to run in place of the 512's have that too. I'm picky.....lol.
            Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
            I'm running into this exact same problem right now. Still undecided as to what tires are going to be a suitable replacement for the 512's.
            Did you guys find any tire to replace the discontinued 512's? I'm having the same problem with 215/40/18 falken has discontinued those too

I know v12's run narrow but the sidewalls suck on those tires bubble city!

Comment

• If anyone else out there is wondering LEXANI tires do streatch! Just had them installed. Also on a side note, the boys @ HW Motorsports hooked it up. Professional device, extremely fair pricing and the tech even went as far as to shoot my rusty shoot out calipers with black paint.

Comment

• My experience so far has been:

Nankang NSII - Terrible tire in almost all aspects, ran very small with a 235/35 stretched on my 20x10.5. Exposed quite a bit of barrel. VERY loud! Only ran these for about 4 months so dont have much to say about treadwear

Sunny Sn3800 - Very nice stretching tire, ran a 235/35 on a 20x10.5 and it exposed no barrel. Loud, but not as loud as the nankangs. Wear on them is iffy, drove about 12k miles and had to flip the rears running around -5 degrees camber.

Wanli - 255/35 on 10.5 and 225/35 on 9. Nice looking stretch but TERRIBLE tires. Luckily, i only used them for 2 months before selling the wheels with the tires, but even with countless balances, i had vibration the entire time i had these tires. As soon as i got new tires, vibration went away.

Nitto Invo - 245/30 on 10. VERY meaty tire, 245 on 10 barely looked like a stretch. Super soft sidewalls, all 4 bubbled over a short period of time. Very smooth ride though however.

Nitto NT555 - 245/30 on 10. Runs more true to size, exposes more lip but seems to have a stiffer sidewall.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnie View Post
                  my bro running nitto neo gen 205/40 17x9 +22 17x9.5 pretty good stretch, i'm going to be running 215/40 17x10 +25 same tires brand nitto neo gen haven't had the fund to get tires yet but soon.
                  Any problems with bubbling on the neo gens?

Comment

• Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
                    Is the Falken 912 available in the US? I have them and like the stretch. Im running 205/40s on a 8x16...
                    slamburglars.com

Comment

• Originally posted by G535 View Post
                      Is the Falken 912 available in the US? I have them and like the stretch. Im running 205/40s on a 8x16...
                      Yeah they have them out here, they pretty much replaced the falken 512's since american tire company is the only place that has exclusive rights to sell the 512's in limited sizes. I just don't like how the 912's are not asymmetrical and you can't flip the tire like you can with the 512's.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of how the Achilles ATR Sports stretch. I don't have any good pics, but here's some 225/40's on a 9.5:

1988 300zx-t

Comment

• Originally posted by DeleriousZ View Post
                          I'm a big fan of how the Achilles ATR Sports stretch. I don't have any good pics, but here's some 225/40's on a 9.5:

How long have you ran them any problems with sidewall bubbling?

Comment

• I ran them for probably 5000km over two months, not much time on them before the snow started falling.

1988 300zx-t

Comment

• Hankook and Toyo FTW

Comment

• bump this old thread. anyone have 285/30/18s on 18x12.5s?

Comment

Working...
                                X