New to S/W: e36 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to S/W: e36 question

Im looking at putting some nice wheels on my E36 and have been looking at BBS.

However, Im curious to know from you guys out there, what the best fit wheels are:
    The car is also my daily driver so I cant do anything too extreme.

Do I go 17's or 18' ?
    Whats the best ET to get a bit of dish but not have to do any arch work?
    How wide should the rims be ?
    What do you recommend for tyre size so I don't scrape ?

Im sure all of this has been asked before and sorry to be a pain but if anyone could point me in the right direction Id be grateful.

Thanks

"best fit wheels" is subjective.

what do YOU like? that's all that should matter.

and other factors come into to play if you will scrape, like is your car Lowered??

details man...
    sc300 "Scraping Guts" -sold

ucf20
    ZEAL VIP

Comment

Yes the car is lowered a bit.
      Im aware that the best fit wheels are subjective to a certain extent. Obviously I cant go too much offset or Ill just hit the guards straight away.
      Im thinking of rolling the guards to give me that extra clearance.

And yes its down to what I like however, I don't have and endless supply of wheels to try every different combination so that I can see what I like. So Im just asking for some advice and tips from people that have been through this already.

Comment

searching is your friend. I would go with 17's by about 9, offset around 30. search, that recommendation is an educated guess.
        S50

Comment

yea just go to the showroom type in e36 under the search and type in e36 and look what everybody else is running to size what size's and offsets you think look best.

imo i think 17 is the best wheel size and at least a 9 for width. i personally went with a 10 rear and 9.5 front. but you cant fit up to a 10.5 with pulled fenders.

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.
          Last edited by Schultz28; 09-20-2012, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X