Wheel torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel torque

Just curious about what you guys torque your aftermarket wheels to. I have a honda and the stock torque setting is 80ft. lb. My torque wrench only goes up to 75ft lb, so i torque them to 75, do you think this is too loose?

thanks guys

I do 1,000,000
    Last edited by Dudermagee; 08-31-2012, 09:57 AM.
    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

That's no issue, I do my bmw's to 75lbs.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

75 is fine. been using that for years.
        025garage

Comment

I tighten as tight as I can tighten.
          It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Originally posted by dubcivic View Post
            Just curious about what you guys torque your aftermarket wheels to. I have a honda and the stock torque setting is 80ft. lb. My torque wrench only goes up to 75ft lb, so i torque them to 75, do you think this is too loose?

thanks guys
            I am wondering why you have made countless threads with questions that can easily be found in search. I answered your redrill question with a ton of information.

Please use the search function.

BTW torque varies based on manufacturer specs, PCD, lug shank diameter, metal composite, etc. Follow stock and you will be fine.

Comment

I gotta say, torque to specs of your car and not much over. Over torquing can easily damage threads and cause your wheels to become stuck on the car. This is especially bad in times where you need to get back on the road with minimal effort. Just a warning from experience, never over tighten anything!
              Cactus Green B5 A4.

Comment

Working...
              X