Clear All

• 215/40/18 on 10J HELP!!!!!!!

can anyone help with this? tried many techniques now

tried the below

- inner tubes
    - deodorant and lighter
    - Inner tube, deodorant and lighter
    - Inner tube, hair spray and lighter
    - Inner tune and deogorant (managed to get one bead seated, then used a hydraulic ramp with the wheel sat on a 19" tyre to minimise the gap and still no luck!

ive stretched tyres many times in many different sizes usually with only slight issues but they were just a case of persistance, been trying all the above for a week now almost with no luck

go find a show with a Bead Bazooka, 1 try each time to mount my 165's on 8.5

but if your set on doing it at home, why not try starting fluid, put a rachet strap around the tire and you can push out the side walls till they are close.
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

Oxygen and acetylene, got a 195/60/15 on a 10" first try.... just don't blow yourself up.
      It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Originally posted by MrDanguy View Post
        Oxygen and acetylene, got a 195/60/15 on a 10" first try.... just don't blow yourself up.

Try this out on a few "other things" first. Oxy/Acetylene can make a big boom, even from a coke can sized container if used at it's full potential.
        Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
        Quitters never stance.

Comment

we did try Oxygen and acetylene and neither of us liked it lol, a think the problem ive got is the sidewalls are too stiff, if using falken ze912's and the sidewall is really stiff lol, will just have to keep trying different methods lol

Comment

deodorant and hairspray. LOL You need starter fluid to make it pop!
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by tom_stevo View Post
              we did try Oxygen and acetylene and neither of us liked it lol, a think the problem ive got is the sidewalls are too stiff, if using falken ze912's and the sidewall is really stiff lol, will just have to keep trying different methods lol
              912s are as stiff as hell (that's what she said....ahem) I had a right fucking mare getting my 205/40s on an eight inch wheel!

To be honest I would've thought a Cheetah would do it, other than a flammable aerosol or a cheetah I've no ideas.
              Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
              Internet high five for you.

Comment

What we did was seat one bead the best we could, then heated up the other sidewall for a bit with the torch, killed the flame, poured a small about of Oxy/Acetylene in the tire, re-lit the torch and boom, perfect.
                It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

my 215.40.17s on 10j were a PITA to seat, similar to you, used all fluids gases flames etc
                  ended up stuffing a plastic disposable seatcover in the gap and using 3 guys to hold the tyre at various angles and put the tyre inflator in full whack and jiggled until it seated
                  Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

Working...
                  X