17in lms to 18in 3pc? possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17in lms to 18in 3pc? possible

maybe I am crazy but would it be possible to take the faces from a set of 17in 2pc lms and get a set of stepped lips and barrels to make them 3pc 18in lm wheels? would it be possible to get them up to 19" lm?

anything is possible if you have deep pockets
    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

yes, this is definitely possible. Memoryfab and Rotiform (using another machinist) will sell you the lips/barrels for $1800-2200.
      025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
        yes, this is definitely possible. Memoryfab and Rotiform (using another machinist) will sell you the lips/barrels for $1800-2200.
        Memoryfab has stock lips/barrels for 17"-18" conversion. It just depends on what widths/offset you need.

Rotiform has theirs custom made and tend to have a lengthy lead time (read 14+ weeks). Roti also only offers a bubble step lip and i think Memoryfab has something different.
        025garage

Comment

I believe ^they are referring to 17-18" step up lips for RS's.
          Step up lips for LM's are certainly possible, but will most likely have to be totally custom, which most like be $2k or above. Also, as mentioned above, I can imagine the turn around time would be pretty lengthly.

I would love to see this done though.
          I'm not sure if 17-19" converted LM's would look right though. The step up will be too much I believe.
          Originally posted by electricalbox
          12 inches of goodness!

Comment

Memoryfab has certainly done this before and I've seen them doing the most rebarreling as of late. Many diameter step lips I've seen Rotiform make are a bubble style, while Memoryfab uses a slant/step design which is much more aesthetically pleasing imo.

Here's an example of a lip they've had made for an LM, thus requiring a new barrel as well (cenverting it to 3pc).
            instagram : demrimz
            StatesideWheel

Comment

Working...
            X