Tire Stretch Gurus, I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Stretch Gurus, I need your help!

I'm mounting Falken 512 205/40/17 on a 17x9. I've seen pics of people running this setup, but I'm worried my wheels have too big of a "center drop". The gap to try and seat the bead is huge!

My local Discount Tire tried using their Cheetah but no luck. The company swapped out the more familiar looking single nozzle with this new "Y" shaped nozzle because of some safety issues. I suspect this new nozzle isn't as effective.

I even tried doing the bicycle inner tube trick, but the tube blows out of place before the tire even budges. Maybe my home air compressor CFM isn't enough.

For the tire stretch gurus, have you ever had successful luck with a gap this big before? Any tips or tricks you can send my way? I'm hesitant to try the brake cleaner + fire trick because I feel the gap is too big, and the air from the explosion won't push out the tire sidewalls.

I'm running out of hope and might just order 215/40/17

I've used the starter fluid + fire method on several sets of tires, all bead fine. Just give it a try, there are many people who run the configuration you're trying to achieve.

Comment

Ratchet straps. 2 of of them. Tighten them the fuck down till the sidewalls start to stretch lol. Apply air.
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! flammable spray+fire= success

Comment

Thats how my rears looked before the mount. Cheetah assault at Discount finally got them on. But it took them 45 minutes or so to get it.

Flickr

Comment

My boy sumo was able to get the same tire size and all to seat on x9.75...no straps either...just technique and the Cheetah...

Comment

I've done many my tip to you, its all about how you place the tire before you light it up with starter fluid.

First of, get the tire like this, (this is a side view.) You can use plenty of tire grease on the edges of the wheel and tire. But the more you use the faster you will have to be with the compressed air, since it tends to slip of faster.

You need to have a source of compressed air, hooked up to the valve. so you spray like the arrows show, from one side to the other then back to the middle, up on the tire and down the threads. Then simply light up the starter fluid, and the tire will pop up to the beads. timing is critical here as you will need to start pumping air into the tire when the tire sets to the beds, so it doesn't slip of again.

If you just get a huge ball of fire, shooting out through the tire/wheel combo, you are not using enough starter fluid. Since there is not enough energy to push the tire beds up against the wheel beds.
              be careful with the starter fluid as well, because to much of it and you can damage the rim of the wheel. of you and everyone around you. Practice makes perfect.
              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Hi there I'm Sumo. I'm the one that did the stretch for Big- Kokujin How i did it was. I got two small cans under the wheels so the tire would be it the middle of the wheel. Then I put the air chuck to it. Filling air but make sure you fill the tank to 150 psi. Then release the air into it. But when you release it make sure you do it fast have some balls into it. Then it should seat.

Comment

If that dont work. Some time it easier to do it up side down. Lay down cardboard put the wheel face down then hit that bitch with the cheetah tank. Then hurry up to put air in it. Fuck lubing the tire line the inner barrels. That helps to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X