Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice: BBS RS for BMW E30

Hi All,

I'm not a regular poster here but any time I do post the information I've got has been spot on.

I have a BMW E30. I had a set of BBS RS 003 which I sold about a year ago. I'm looking to get another set at the moment. For love nor money I can't find another set of 003's (I'm not wholly surprised).

I have come across a set of four RS 211 for a good price. They're 5x120, 8J x 16" and have an ET of 11. I have a place to redrill them to 4x100. The wheels will get new barrels and lips as they're in pretty poor condition at present.

My question is, taking the just centres of the wheels, would they fit an e30? Will the brake calipers interfere with the fitment at all?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Louis
    "Promoting the diminishment of automotive ground clearance since 2010"

I have those on my 95 540i and they clear no problem.

That's not to say they will fit the e30, but I doubt you'd have any issues with caliper clearance.

Comment

The 211 backpad is pretty thick. You won't have problems clearing brakes.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated
        "Promoting the diminishment of automotive ground clearance since 2010"

Comment

Do NOT do this to 211s or any BMW wheel for that matter. A centerbore of 72.56 does not leave enough metal between the inside of the 4x100 bolt holds and the center. Lots of redrill shops will do it but it's just stupid. Buy a cheap 5x114 set with a 66 or less centerbore and do it to them.

Comment

do not listen to the above persons comments. it has been done many times without issue. Its all just a matter of preference. Structural tests have been done to disprove the statement that a few people keep dishing out
            sigpic
            1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
            1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

I run et 10 up front and 2ish out back with mines. Perfect IMO, peep my thread in the photography section

Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
              [i]I love dressing up!

But no really, I like to look distinguished when I step out of the car. People are like, "wonder what he does for living."
              I just reply, "your daughter, sir."

Massimo: You like the stance cars don't you?

Comment

16x9s forgot lol

Originally Posted by slammin.e28guy
                [i]I love dressing up!

But no really, I like to look distinguished when I step out of the car. People are like, "wonder what he does for living."
                I just reply, "your daughter, sir."

Massimo: You like the stance cars don't you?

Comment

Ive got a set of wheels Im gonna be building soon.

They will be similar to rs073. Centers will be 001's. Final specs will be 4x100 16x8.5 et19 squared with 2" double stepped lips.

PM me if your interested.
                  EHRLICH WHEELWORKS
                  ewheelworks.com
                  facebook - Ehrlich WheelsWorks
                  IG - ewheelworks
                  Custom Powder coating, custom wheels, and custom metal finishing.

Comment

Working...
                  X