Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences in sizes between different tire brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in sizes between different tire brands?

Im pretty sure im not the only one curious about this.

Let me 1st say i know there is a fitment database, but without searching the entire thread and comparing pics, there is no other way to know this. Ive searched and cant find also. If there is, please direct me to it.

OK, so i know different tire brands fit differently. I was set on trying some Federal tires, but i believe Ollie or someone else pointed out that theyre fat. Which is somethign i dont want.
    I remember when i had 255s on 18x10 and ran bridgestone RE050s RFTs and they were the perfect fit. Then one day i got a pair of pirellis i think P6000 or something, i dunno and they were so huge, they didnt even look stretched and rubbed all the time.

So, i currently have 19x8/10 with Yokohama S drives. 215/35 and 235/35
    Atthe back i dont have the space for anythign thats wider. BUT i dont want to pay the extra money for S drives when there are Falken, Archilles and General for less $$$

Fortunately i need fronts more than rears, and have more room to play.

so WHICH TIRE IS THINNER FOR A GIVEN SIZE?
    Im looking online at tires and i see Nitto, Falken and General withing $3 of each other. There are also Archilles for dirt cheap too.
    So those of you with experience with different brands, Whats the order of thickness or thinness for these brands

Falken. Archilles. Nitto. General

If you know how only 2 compare in given size, your knowledge is welcome.

Michelins THINNER than Pirellis, by seemingly 2 sizes
    255/35 pirelli was like a 275/35 michelin in my experience.
    I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Could you also let me know what you guys think about these tires? The cheap cheap ones.

They would hopefully be stretched onto a 18x10 or 18x10.5

Mayrun MR800
    Lexani LX-Seven
    Sunny SN3970
    Delinte D7
    Lexani LX-Six
    Lexani LX9100
    Achilles Atr Sport
    Nankang NS-ll
    Federal SS-595
    Hercules Raptis WR1

OP if you want me to remove this post because it is slightly different than your question then just lmk and i'll edit it to remove the question

Comment

Its cool.

Comment

Originally posted by whooty View Post
        Could you also let me know what you guys think about these tires? The cheap cheap ones.

They would hopefully be stretched onto a 18x10 or 18x10.5

Mayrun MR800
        Lexani LX-Seven
        Sunny SN3970
        Delinte D7
        Lexani LX-Six
        Lexani LX9100
        Achilles Atr Sport
        Nankang NS-ll
        Federal SS-595
        Hercules Raptis WR1

OP if you want me to remove this post because it is slightly different than your question then just lmk and i'll edit it to remove the question
        Out of those I'd choose either the Nankangs (they're known to stretch well and are reasonably good), or the Federals.

Comment

I've been running Nankangs for awhile now, they stretch super well currently I'm running a 225/40/18 Nankang NS-II on and 18x11 with no issues. And the tread life on them is quite good as well.
          Follow on IG
          amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
          Vintage AME Wheels
          RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
          W115 & W123

Comment

Really? Because we weren't able to stretch a 225/35 18 nankang onto a 18x10.5? However we were able to get it onto a 18x10. How did you get it to fit?

You guys would go with nankang and federal over achilles?

Comment

stole my thread. dudes, please remember to state which is wider than which for a given size amongst the different brands youve tried.
              Thanks

Comment

all you need to care about is the section width/overall width of the tire dont mind the actual tire spec size.

for instance
                yokohama s drives and federal ss595's are identical in size for a 215/35/18

but every size is going to be different so do your own searching (go to the companies website, look up the tires, and click sizes/specs). all tires are going to "stretch well" you just gotta know the section width/overall width of the tire youre buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz28 View Post
                  all you need to care about is the section width/overall width of the tire dont mind the actual tire spec size.

for instance
                  yokohama s drives and federal ss595's are identical in size for a 215/35/18

but every size is going to be different so do your own searching (go to the companies website, look up the tires, and click sizes/specs). all tires are going to "stretch well" you just gotta know the section width/overall width of the tire youre buying.
                  You misunderstand me.
                  Im not looking for actual specs.
                  i just want to know, which tire brands tend to be bigger/wider than which.

Like in my example. a 255/35 Pirelli was a LOT bigger than the 255/35 pirelli.
                  Seemingly by 2 sizes.

So i would just like guys to chime in on what they found in their experiences.
                  I know a lot of guys have ran different brands int he same sizes on their setups.

Its not hard to say, i found brand X to be a tad wider than brand Y.
                  Ive never seen any tire website list actual width of tires for a given size. Ive seen diameter, but not width.

Comment

Originally posted by scaredofstance View Post
                    You misunderstand me.
                    Im not looking for actual specs.
                    i just want to know, which tire brands tend to be bigger/wider than which.

Like in my example. a 255/35 Pirelli was a LOT bigger than the 255/35 pirelli.
                    Seemingly by 2 sizes.

So i would just like guys to chime in on what they found in their experiences.
                    I know a lot of guys have ran different brands int he same sizes on their setups.

Its not hard to say, i found brand X to be a tad wider than brand Y.
                    Ive never seen any tire website list actual width of tires for a given size. Ive seen diameter, but not width.
                    well i can tell you all the tires youre looking into list the section width/overall width under the specs on that companies website (i just checked) and thats all you need know when getting a new tire to know how its going to stretch vs another tire.

does that make sense? i can go more in depth to explain to you if need be...

Comment

I guess you have to, because im not sure what the stretching has to do with it, since i have a size that works and i want to keep it the same 235/35, but want to be sure with switching brands i dont end up with a wider tire that rubs.

I will check the websites again and see the specs, as i obviously missed em before.

Comment

where are you finding specs for the tires, which brands have them listed. Im not seeing any of that.

Comment

Working...
                        X