Wheel test fit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel test fit!

This is my test fit of my MB Battles 17x9+30 on my BB6 I'm thinking with a nice stretch and camber they will look really good.. Let me know what you think.. Also not sure if I should run a 215/40-45 tire or a 205/40-45.. Input and feedback is appreciated!

you have any pics of the wheels settled down?

you try placing a thick piece of wood wrapped in a towel and lower the car?

Comment

that'll be no problem to fit

Comment

Originally posted by slotoyo View Post
        you have any pics of the wheels settled down?

you try placing a thick piece of wood wrapped in a towel and lower the car?
        Ahh shit.. No I didn't do that haha I'll have to try it.

Comment

Yea put a 4x4 under the wheel and lower her down, the way your suspension works it pivots inwards as the shock.spring compresses, therofore creating more negative camber.... That being said, it will give you a better idea of how the car will actually sit wiith the wheels and tires mounted....

And for tires id go with a 205 40 or 45
          HoodRatStatus
          Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Originally posted by FittedDownLow View Post
            Yea put a 4x4 under the wheel and lower her down, the way your suspension works it pivots inwards as the shock.spring compresses, therofore creating more negative camber.... That being said, it will give you a better idea of how the car will actually sit wiith the wheels and tires mounted....

And for tires id go with a 205 40 or 45
            Oh that's sick! Yeah I'd rather be too stretched (if that's possible luhlz) than too wide.

Comment

Felt like being really nic etoday and im going to lay this out easy for you... First we have 205 40's

Federals, stretch isnt good, kinda an ugly tire and an overall round stretch...

Never used fuzions but the stretch appears to be decent...

Falkens stretch alot but i think they wear fast Dont quote me though

205 45 is a bit taller and all i could find was a toyo... still looks good

I usually run toyo's on all my cars and i love them... maybe a 205 40 17 toyo is what id go with or the falken but itall all up to you and your budget
              HoodRatStatus
              Instagram @looneylow

Comment

i think its because federals run a size or so wide...

215/40/17 on a 10

Comment

I was going to do Falken 512's, they stretch pretty well.. 215 looks better but 205 will for sure fit..

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy_Danglez View Post
                    I was going to do Falken 512's, they stretch pretty well.. 215 looks better but 205 will for sure fit..
                    The 512's stretch awesome. I've got some on the front and they're great.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexridesabike View Post
                      The 512's stretch awesome. I've got some on the front and they're great.
                      Nice! What size wheel and tire? You're the only active "Luder" I've seen on here.. Pics? Recommendations? Advice on what too watch for? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy_Danglez View Post
                        Nice! What size wheel and tire? You're the only active "Luder" I've seen on here.. Pics? Recommendations? Advice on what too watch for? Haha
                        There's a couple other prelude guys on here. I mostly just lurk. I've got some 512's in 205/40 on a 7.5 wheel so its barely a stretch but I've seen a lot of guys at meets running Falken tires. I've got Kumho's on the rear right now and i'm not really a huge fan. Whenever I get some "real" wheels I'm gonna go a bit crazier on the stretch.

Comment

Ah right on.. Was reading reviews on the 512's main concern is road noise and they wear out fast.. The 912's were a little better review wise, but I mean they are putting they probably didn't/dont have the same intentions I do Lolz I think I'll do a 205, because that will fit I'm pretty sure. And a 45 wall as opposed to the 40 wall for comfort reasons..

Comment

Bump.. Still indecisive on a tire size..

Comment

Working...
                            X