RC090 Mirror Polish Protecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC090 Mirror Polish Protecting

My father and I are going at the lips of my Style 5's tonight to get them as mirror polished as possible. What do some of you guys use/recommend for keeping them from hazing or needing to be repolished for a long time? I don't want to have to polish in between each gold bolt every night before I go to sleep=D
    95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

some sort of wax/sealant works. No clear coat though.

Comment

I plan on using Mothers sluminum polish. What types of sealant would you recommend? I shouldn't actually put a permanent coating on is what you're saying?

And a side question. I contacted BBS USA about getting a set of more appealing valve stems but they aren't allowed access to the BMW OEM wheel specs. They recommended that this valve stem could possibly work but they aren't sure. They are model number 5615001.

Has anyone used these on their RC090's?
      95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Yeah, nothing permanent. As for the valve stems, not sure. I would assume if they can fit RS's, they can fit style 5's. Just go measure the hole I guess?

Comment

Get your car show-ready with the pride of a true detailing pro by using DP polishing kits, tire sprays, iron removers and other products made in the U.S.

Will help keep a ton of brake dust, etc... off the wheels. Makes them much easier to clean.

Comment

weird bbs cant acess info about something they made

i plan to use eastwood metal protect on my latest set of wheels, hopefully itll hold up well....its bascially a spray on wax protectant
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by Human_Outlier View Post
              http://www.autogeek.net/dp-wheel-glaze.html

Will help keep a ton of brake dust, etc... off the wheels. Makes them much easier to clean.
              Does this haze up the polish at all? Thanks for the tips. Hope the stems work as I just cut line out. Lol
              Also, they said that they were under contract with their Oem wheels and since they aren't offered aftermarket, they don't have access to the specs. I really thought that was silly.
              95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Comment

Working...
              X