M14 wobble lug nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M14 wobble lug nuts

Im trying to find a set of PCD variation lug nuts in an M14 size. Almost all manufacturers only carry the wobble lug nuts in an m12. Do m14's even exist? I know m14 wobble bolt exist, but the lug nut versions are tough to find.

Or would it be safe to go from factory studs to a bolt setup so I can use my current wobble bolts?

Comment

what bolt pattern does your car have and what bolt pattern are you trying to run?

Comment

The bolt pattern on the car is 5x112. The wheels are 5x114. The problem is the car uses wheel studs, so I have to find wobble lug nuts, not wobble bolts.

Comment

well if the wheels are 5x114 the m14 wobble bolts probably wont fit them since the 5x114 pattern wheels are meant to run a m12.

my buddy bought 5x114 wheels a couple months ago for his audi that was 5x112 and bought the m14 wobble bolts for it and it didnt work because the coned part of the hole was meant to a m12

youre better off just redrilling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz28 View Post
            well if the wheels are 5x114 the m14 wobble bolts probably wont fit them since the 5x114 pattern wheels are meant to run a m12.

my buddy bought 5x114 wheels a couple months ago for his audi that was 5x112 and bought the m14 wobble bolts for it and it didnt work because the coned part of the hole was meant to a m12

youre better off just redrilling them.
            Actually, all he had to do was use a 5/8 drill bit to open up each hole a bit. You are right, most 5x114 wheels are meant to use m12's, which is why most people who run wobble bolts have to drill out the holes slightly. Its a DYI, which is much cheaper than a redrill job.

I did find my answer for those who read this post later.

M14 PCD Variation lug nuts are very difficult to find, or non existent. To run a 5x114 wheel on a car that is a 5x112 (stud) application, you will have to swap the existing studs out for step down studs (14mm to 12mm), then use M12 wobble lug nuts. It take a bit more time to get done, but it's still worth it in the end to run a much wider range of wheels. The added benefit...you won't have to drill out your 5x114 wheels anymore because you now will be running m12 studs/lug nuts.

Comment

Or would it be safe to go from

Comment

Working...
              X