Splitting Gotti Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting Gotti Help

Hey so I have two sets of Gotti J55A's both are two piece; one set is 16x8.5, second set is 16x9. I plan on having two staggered two sets. Can anyone give me any some advice on splitting them, never have split a set before so any help would be much appreciated. Im a noob at splits lol. Socket size and all that would be much appreciated. Thanks guys
    Follow on IG
    amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
    Vintage AME Wheels
    RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
    W115 & W123

Idk the socket size. But you'll need some PB blaster, longer socket wrench, 8" extension, maybe a nail set, depending on if the bolts are splined or not. Basically, all you do is remove the bolts, and tap out the face somehow. If you're a light dude you can just put some towels underneath the center and jump on it, but that's risky. Otherwise, get a block of wood and a deadblow hammer, and go to work.
    Last edited by staystetti; 02-28-2012, 10:51 PM.

Comment

all that^^^
      I can't remember the socket size on my Gotti's, but I do recall (I think this is true for the 2-piece ones too) that the face can be taken out from the back. Meaning you want to hit it from the front.
      Originally posted by electricalbox
      12 inches of goodness!

Comment

Ok thanks for the help, what do you mean by a nail set?
        Follow on IG
        amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
        Vintage AME Wheels
        RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
        W115 & W123

Comment

Ya the center comes out the back,
          well with my 3 piece gottis it did. Just hit it w a rubber mallet, works the best imo.

Comment

Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore View Post
            Ok thanks for the help, what do you mean by a nail set?
            stolen from bimmerforums- Just something to hit the bolts out, I used an 8" screw.

Comment

Working...
            X