noob wobble bolts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob wobble bolts question

Do wobble bolts work both way? meaning can you fit 5x112 wheels on a 5x114.3 car or 5x114.3 wheels on a 5x112 car? Thanks

5x112 to 5x114.3 should go with normal bolts too. No need fow wobble bolts i guess.
    Because 4x98 fits to 4x100 with normal bolts (been there-done that)

But u asked about wobble bolts, i think they work both ways.

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Semu View Post
      5x112 to 5x114.3 should go with normal bolts too. No need fow wobble bolts i guess.
      Because 4x98 fits to 4x100 with normal bolts (been there-done that)
      Please don't follow this advice for safety reasons; Yes normal bolts will bolt up 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112 and anything else with a 2-3mm difference (even more so if you have 12mm shank bolts with a wheel that can utilize a 14mm shank bolt), but it is not safe for proper seating of the wheel.

OP the reason why most people don't talk about going the other way is nearly all 5x114.3 applications use studs vs. german applications (5x112 for example) use bolts. Most people who do run 5x112 wheels on a 5x114.3 are using a PCD variation (wobble) nut.

To answer your question easily, yes anything within 2-3mm most of the time can be used with PCD variation nuts/bolts.

Comment

yes they will bolt up but what electricalbox said it is definitely not safe to drive on, you will put too much stress on the bolts/studs and they will snap.

Comment

Sorry guys, my bad, i forgot the fact, that this is dangerous...

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

Working...
          X