Paint for centers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint for centers?

So I'm redoing some style 5's, and can't really afford to powdercoating the faces, so I was thinking of just rattle can-ing them. Does anyone recommend any paint brands/primers? Thanks.

i just used duplicolor from autozone for some older wheels... worked great, held up even better!

Comment

As long as you properly prep and prime the wheels, they will look great and hold up quite long. Walmart surprisingly has decent spray paint in many colors for the price, and it holds up well.

As mentioned before duplicolor wheel paint at any auto parts store is ideal if going bronze, white, black, silver or gunmetal. I am not a fan of the duplicolor wheel paint primer though, seems to have to much tacky material IMO.

Comment

Thanks Ryan. It's Phil by the way. Anyone have color suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by staystetti View Post
          Thanks Ryan. It's Phil by the way. Anyone have color suggestions?
          Oh nice, hello lol.

Gold looks nice on style 5s or just silver/gray. I would stay away from highlighter/flashy colors but that is just IMHO.

Comment

Rustoleum metallic can look real good for cheap!
            Originally posted by JC.
            'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Its all about the prep work, Ive sprated alot of wheels. Dry sand to remove any rash or dings, wet sand with low, med, and fine grit, clean the wheels thoroughly to remove all the metal flakes, prime them, paint them and finally clear them. Just take your time man
              Follow on IG
              amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
              Vintage AME Wheels
              RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
              W115 & W123

Comment

Kilz Complete is a great rattle can primer!
                Follow on IG
                amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                Vintage AME Wheels
                RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                W115 & W123

Comment

Thanks

Comment

i just used duplicolor

Comment