How to achive Bronze/Copper lips. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    Edafe, I don't know why I didn't realize it first but I know the owner of that car. Ironically was just talking to him last night I can ask what he did with those if you'd like?
    Yea Mike please ask him for me. That would help a lot. I'll txt you later on it

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

they have "color chroming" available at a couple shops here in houston. any color you can think of. I was thinking about either a gold/bronze or teal.
      SLAMMED GARAGE
      slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Maybe these guys can do something metallic towards the goal your lookin' for?

Their work looks wicked.

Comment

Petis,

You got a name to that shop that does the chrome, would like to check it out...

SpinFin,

I have a friend that knows them well, I'm lookn in to Dip-Tech

Comment

^here ya go buddy.

Atlas Plating offers chrome plating, copper, rose gold, 24k gold, and nickel plating, polishing, and powder coating services in Houston TX. We also specialize in customizing motorcycles, BMX bicycles, household items, boats, airplanes, furniture and custom projects.
            SLAMMED GARAGE
            slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

i was gonna bring them something but no warranty on multi-piece killed the deal.

Comment

^^^ so just bring them the lip...lol

Comment

i may give them a call and see what they're talking about but "best effort basis" doesn't work for me. wonder what they'd say if i was going to pay on a best effort basis...

Comment

You may want to look into powdercoating. You can shoot a candy powder over a polished part and clear coat it. here is an example:

Comment

Dip-tech has done some dope work before

Comment

Edafe, thanks for researching this for me.

It's been over a month now and I still haven't had any luck locating a shop that can anodize the lips for my wheels. I'm now considering shipping them somewhere so if anyone has any shops they can recommend I would appreciate it. I've contacted nearly 20 shops/companies in south Texas with no luck. Most people don't have tubs large enough or have the color I want.

Paint is not durable enough and powdercoating is the wrong finish. I'm only considering anodizing and plating right now.

The work lips are close to my vision:

Team:BRG DUMPED & Stretched Affiliated

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                          Chromemasters here in Nashville can do damn near anything.(they did the statue of liberty bike for OCC)

(615) 256-9828
                          As I said before Chromemasters has plated entire motorcycle frames which are much larger than your lips so it would be no problem for them. Not to mention they are stand up guys.

Erik

Comment

Thanks Erik. Anodizing is my first choice but I'll keep chromemasters in mind if I opt for plating.

After speaking with multiple companies I've come to realize that anodizing is not offered to the public. All 20+ companies have come back saying they work in bulk only. I've gone ahead and emailed Work about their anodized lips out of desperation.

Comment

^^ Eric I already have a hook up for those WORK lips,,, I told you the price.. I can get those lips for your Equips if you like... Just give me the word..

Comment

I don't remember that conversation at all! Send me the details.

Comment

Working...
                                X