Rebuilding Fitti's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding Fitti's

Since I can't seem to sell my Fittipaldi's, I'm hopefully going to get them redrilled and get bigger lips and smaller barrels. Since the drunken stupor of a night that this all started with, I still can't figure out if my wheels are forged or cast. I'd like to get them redrilled to 5x100 but they are 5x120 right now and the center bore is WAY too big.

Pics of said wheels.

I own an Eastwood roller, Western PA area, but will travel for $$

how heavy are they?

Comment

They still have tires mounted now but iirc the faces were kinda heavy

Comment

Im not saying it cant or hasnt been done before but dont you think that the hub mounting surface has too little "meat" for redrilling. Came to my mind cause the hub has these slots. Hope you get what im trying to explain
        Also the centers are cast aluminium right? Id honestly be scarred that the material's too weak...im just guessing here though! You defenetly need hub rings that fit perfectly cause the bolts cannot bear the entire load.
        slamburglars.com

Comment

I would probably have to get them filled and then redrilled.. I've seen a handful of Futura's get redrilled with no problems and they are pretty much the same wheel. Also, I'm still trying to figure out if the centers are cast or forged.

Comment

Fittipaldi's are cast.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJodon View Post
              Fittipaldi's are cast.
              That was my guess too.
              slamburglars.com

Comment

looks to me like you would be cutting it close with a redrill. that hub bore is huge. you should see if there is enough room on your hubs to redrill them to 5x120. then if you ever decide to get rid of these you can run any bmw wheel, offsets permitting obviously. then you just need to get hubrings.

Comment

Damn, that kind of killed the whole plan then. Thanks guys

Comment

Damnm, why didnt anybody come up with that idea earlier Perfect...and by the time youre sick of the wheels you'll probably need new brakes anyways...
                    slamburglars.com

Comment

Working...
                    X