Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schroedin View Post
    Sandblasting would save so much time
    Anyone who's polished something will tell you sandblasting wont work right.

Comment

not using aircraft stripper?

i think shotpeened centers, polished lips, and colormatched bolts.

or, purple faces, with the flat spoke parts polished, as well as the lips, then gold/purple bolts

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Anyone who's polished something will tell you sandblasting wont work right.
        I found a sandblaster that I can use, but wouldn't that put tiny dents in the metal from the sand? "Purp" said about sandblasting then chemically treating them, but I cant find anyone around my area that does chemically treatment.

So am I going upon polishing them right? Getting down to untouched metal, sanding up to 2000 grit, then polishing kit?

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
        not using aircraft stripper?

i think shotpeened centers, polished lips, and colormatched bolts.

or, purple faces, with the flat spoke parts polished, as well as the lips, then gold/purple bolts
        I tried finding aircraft stripper but the hardware store didn't have any. So I just went with Jasco. Its doing its job so im not complaining.

The lips are already polished and im already set on polishing the centers. I can't decide on color matching the bolts/hex part of the center cap or painting them purple. The ideas keep popping around in my head between the two.

-Dan

Comment

How are you going about painting or refinishing the bolts? Im getting ready to start refinishing my wheels but I am having the hardest time with the bolts. I have had a few shops quote me on prices for the wheels, but no one will touch the bolts. I would really like to have them anodized but apparently only aluminum can be done, and of course my bolts are steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Daytona M View Post
            How are you going about painting or refinishing the bolts? Im getting ready to start refinishing my wheels but I am having the hardest time with the bolts. I have had a few shops quote me on prices for the wheels, but no one will touch the bolts. I would really like to have them anodized but apparently only aluminum can be done, and of course my bolts are steel.
            I let them sit in a jar of vinegar for a week. Rinsed them off and took a scrubbing pad to each bolt/nut. That broke off the dirt/old paint/loctite. Then dried them individually. For painting, im just going to do a few coats of wheel paint and clearcoat.

-Dan

Comment

Update. After bouncing some other ideas around in my head while trying to sleep, and countless photoshoping, I ruled the polished idea out. To plain and simple for me and I want something that jumps. So im either going to go with color matching my rims (lagunagrun) or this

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
              purple faces, with the flat spoke parts polished, as well as the lips, then gold/purple bolts
              Opinions are welcome.

-Dan

Comment

Heres some quick photoshops. I used a e36 from on here that was lowered the way mine will be and just changed the color:

Stock silver polished lip

Color matched

Purple/polished

-Dan

Comment

bump. any opinions?

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X